Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

Sped2424

Cool now all we need is a small world overlay, Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday. and then I will be peachy! I know for Ghost Galaxy we are going to need a serious refurb for space so that won't happen for a while, but as for Haunted mansion and small world those attractions could easily get the holiday treatment.

Sped2424

I think this is proof that WDW choose to opt out of overlays simply because they want to. According to this news, it has nothing to do with new guests not being able to see the real version.
Yup they opted out because it costs more money, not the international bs excuse. Do they know how many International guests love NBC? Plus there is a huge local annual passholder population here as well, even though there are more international guests, I think the villains night showed that there is a huge local following for the parks. If something new and cool is offered like the overlay's they will show up and fill the park for them.

Sped2424

From what I am reading this overlay seems pretty minimal with just the queue getting rethemed and a new script for the ride plus some new background music. Which I guess translates to not a lot of money out of TDO's pockets which is why they signed on.

Californian Elitist

Yup they opted out because it costs more money, not the international bs excuse. Do they know how many International guests love NBC? Plus there is a huge local annual passholder population here as well, even though there are more international guests, I think the villains night showed that there is a huge local following for the parks. If something new and cool is offered like the overlay's they will show up and fill the park for them.

What's funny is DL gets lots of international guests as well. I was just there last week, and I heard so many Aussies. Lots of Asian tourists as well... Yet we get overlays. Hmmm. Something's not right.

lazyboy97o

I definitely see the point being made by @The Empress Lilly. I'm curious to see what this is, but it most certainly is not a little thing as it does not build the world of the experience. A little thing is never self reference.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Nice. I like the idea. The execution could go either way, but I like the idea. Might actually cause me (along with NFL) to hit up the VMCP during my trip to Orlando Thanksgiving week. Up until now, was planning to definitely skip WDW this time around entirely...might reconsider, just to encourage them to keep trying, even if it's just a little bit.

Goofyernmost

So they'll overlay it and term it a Jingle Jungle Cruise, but will the skippers dare say "Merry Christmas" to any guests? I know I'll gladly say it to them if they throw out a watered down happy holidays :grumpy:
Why? I have been a Christian all my life and have never once felt the urge to force feed it to anyone else. Happy Holidays covers everyone and because of that is far more sincere then randomly shouting Merry Christmas to a group of people, some of which, do not observe Christmas. It's a Christian Holiday not a world wide majority celebrated thing. If you want to say or hear Merry Christmas go to your christian church and say it until your voice breaks. Saying Merry Christmas to a non-christian is about the same as a Buddhist saying Happy Buddha's Birthday to you.

Jakester

I say 2014 might be bigger than we think. With the recent success of May the 4th, a week of independence fireworks, a 2nd 24hour event, the unleash the villains, and now a Jungle Cruise Holiday Overlay, possibly Limited Time Magic ( I know Jingle Cruise isn't apart of the campaign ) was a testing field of different events to be used yearly.

luv

I don't lthink it needs to cost a fortune. Throw in a tree, a Santa hat on something, some red and green scarves, some ornaments...they could do it all up quite nicely for less than $5,000 and could make it very cute for much less.

Does Disney have the Chipmunks? Does Uni? Because THAT would be adorable! And they could sing their Chipmunk Song. Well, Simon and Theodore could. Alvin could try. ;)

But the point is that they're doing something! They've been cutting Christmas stuff for so long. So...yay!

asianway

I say 2014 might be bigger than we think. With the recent success of May the 4th, a week of independence fireworks, a 2nd 24hour event, the unleash the villains, and now a Jungle Cruise Holiday Overlay, possibly Limited Time Magic ( I know Jingle Cruise isn't apart of the campaign ) was a testing field of different events to be used yearly.
They called HMH limited time magic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom