Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I guess it sounds nice, but I hate that they start holiday stuff in November. So sick of xmas on everything in November. This year, we have to go in November, and I am already irritated at all the xmas stuff. I seem to be in the minority though, and I can appreciate locals and ap'ers, who go several times a year, really enjoy all the decorations.
I tend to agree. Christmas stuff before November typically drives me insane. I guess Disney is the only place where I give it a pass, just based on the fact that I really love it around WDW when they have the decorations up.

AndyS2992

I think this is proof that WDW choose to opt out of overlays simply because they want to. According to this news, it has nothing to do with new guests not being able to see the real version.
Or that this overlay takes minimal effort and doesn't require the ride to close and is pretty much the exact same thing as the original just with a Christmas joke chucked in here and there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think this is proof that WDW choose to opt out of overlays simply because they want to. According to this news, it has nothing to do with new guests not being able to see the real version.
While guest complaints could be part of the problem the number one issue is ROI. If they spend $50k to put up an overlay and don't make that money back there is no reason to do it.

Californian Elitist

Or that this overlay takes minimal effort and doesn't require the ride to close and is pretty much the exact same thing as the original just with a Christmas joke chucked in here and there.

Regardless, it's still different from the original. I've had a couple of people tell me overlays don't exist at WDW because people travel from all across the world to visit and they want to see attractions in their original form.

Cmdr_Crimson

Regardless, it's still different from the original. I've had a couple of people tell me overlays don't exist at WDW because people travel from all across the world to visit and they want to see attractions in their original form.

I would understand it for DL being the Flagship...But, not for the World..It should be celebrated at both...

The Empress Lilly

Of all the rides for a Holidays overlay, they pick the tropical cruise...

Why? Has creativity at TWDC really become synonyMouse with awkward puns and garbage backstories? 'The skippers have grown homesick' and so they send mail home - which you get to read!

Really?

I don't want to be a sourpuss now that WDW has a Xmas overlay, which I guess should be applauded. But this sounds like it repeats everything that was so dismal about the attraction next door, a 'Jingle Cruise: Under New Management'.

75disney

Cool! Luckily, I had already scheduled my FP+ for the JC so I don't have to worry about the lines. It will be nice to do something new which is Christmasy at WDW this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom