Jungle Cruise/HM/Pirates Email Survey

Bacon

reads title:
tenor.gif

Kman101

Am I the only person who thinks "Cap'n Jack Sparrow" has aged poorly on POTC? Ironically, his original inclusion was meant to update the attraction, yet now feels connected to either an old movie or one of its lousy sequels.

I'm personally tired of hearing Jack Sparrow every two seconds on the ride. It's the same formula they were using at the time for other attractions. "Where's Jack Sparrow" "Where's Nemo" "Where's Donald"? It seems lazy. I like him in the finale scene with all the treasure, that works, but I could do without the rest now. I don't know. I'm open to a change.

HMF

Daveeeeed

Tomorrowland had nothing to do with source material, just vaguely explore the idea of what happened to the optimism of stuff like Walt's brand of futurism.

And Mansion's problem was that it turned into a Pluto Nash-era Eddie Murphy vehicle first and a Mansion movie second.
Exactly.

Plus Tomorrowland would have flopped far worse had it not been for the name "Tomorrowland" and I think Disney recognizes that.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Interesting considering the rumors lately.

New Jungle Cruise Movie with Dwayne Johnson. WDW just made an investment in Skipper's Canteen which is themed around JC. Can't see them doing anything other with the ride than possibly incorporating some of the upcoming movie elements. I like the ride but I don't think there's any denying that parts are stale.

HM and the rumors of the HM restaurant. Also, the fact Guillermo Del Toro is still said to be trying to get his new HM Movie green-lit.

Pirates could be some other type of revamp based on the movies. Personally, I'd like to see more of Barbosa during the ride. Also, a Pirate's sit down Tortuga style-restaurant would be welcomed.

Lora Baines Bradley

I'm all for Disney finally realizing that people like original rides/concepts, and I have no qualms with them capitalizing on that. In fact, I would be happy to get some ride-specific merchandise, especially Jungle Cruise.

Not sure how I feel about The Rock possibly being shoved in Jungle Cruise, as it is one of my favorites. Depends on if the film is good and if it is done tastefully.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm all for Disney finally realizing that people like original rides/concepts, and I have no qualms with them capitalizing on that. In fact, I would be happy to get some ride-specific merchandise, especially Jungle Cruise.

Not sure how I feel about The Rock possibly being shoved in Jungle Cruise, as it is one of my favorites. Depends on if the film is good and if it is done tastefully.
Well, being the "new guy" on the attraction, he'd have to be low man on the totem pole... and I'm sure his career will skyrocket from there.

FigmentJedi

Interesting considering the rumors lately.

New Jungle Cruise Movie with Dwayne Johnson. WDW just made an investment in Skipper's Canteen which is themed around JC. Can't see them doing anything other with the ride than possibly incorporating some of the upcoming movie elements. I like the ride but I don't think there's any denying that parts are stale.
What little we know about the film sounds like they're sticking to the overall 30s adventure movie setting of the original attraction and something that can fit pretty comfortably with what's already in the parks.

It's not like Pirates where they used the supernatural elements from the ride as a springboard to create an expansive nautical fantasy world.

HMF

What little we know about the film sounds like they're sticking to the overall 30s adventure movie setting of the original attraction and something that can fit pretty comfortably with what's already in the parks.

It's not like Pirates where they used the supernatural elements from the ride as a springboard to create an expansive nautical fantasy world.
The ride actually is no where near as super-natural as the movies seeing as how in the ride all the skeletons in the grotto are dead and in the movie series Literally no character can stay dead for long.

UpAllNight

Was stopped in Adventurelad today asking my opinions of everything I did. Absolutely nothing revealing other than they're looking at adventureland right now.

They need too to be fair.

Pirates is arguably the weakest version across the world, Jungle Cruise is looking dated and there's not a lot else to do. There's plenty of opportunity to add a few headliners here and rebalance the park. I wouldn't even be against clones of some of the better Disney rides across the planet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom