Jungle Cruise/HM/Pirates Email Survey

TiggerDad

Original Poster
I can't remember where I saw it. However, I saw that Disney denied that the Jungle Cruise would be re-imagined.
I hope they weren't wasting my time, but some of the questions clearly signaled that they were trying to get feedback on whether to re-imagine it.

Simba's Mom

got an email survey today asking a lot of questions about the Jungle Cruise. There were well over 100 questions asking about the value of each individual element of the ride, and then asking about whether I wanted to see a TV show or movie or stage show about it, and finally dozens of questions about whether I would buy specific types of merchandise, from frozen food to footwear to salty snacks or home furnishings. Could not believe the level of detail. At first the questions seemed to be about whether they should gut the ride, but then it clearly veered into how they could further monetize it.

I got that same survey about the Jungle Cruise-yes, it seemed really specific. But a stage show? Jungle Cruise themed dishware? Some of it seemed kind of bizarre.

Simba's Mom

Let me start by saying I apologize if this is already being discussed somewhere... But I received an email survey that I found to be pretty interesting.

The email came from "Disney Consumer Research" and started by asking the basics, but then got into specifics and asked if I've ever ridden any of the following attractions, proceeding to list Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn and maybe a couple of others. I then spent the next 10 minutes or so answering a VARIETY of questions related to the Jungle Cruise. Questions about the attraction itself, the animatronics, the story, theme, aesthetics, merchandise, etc. Some of the questions even directly asked "Would you like to see _____ changed/upgraded?" or "How much would you want to see/purchase ______?"

Now maybe I'm misreading this, but the survey leads me to believe that something is in the works for this attraction.. I know a movie is being developed, and they even went as far as letting Dwayne Johnson go into the vault and learn all there is/was to know about the ride, but could something else be in the works too?

And did anyone else receive this survey and get the same feeling?

Yup and Yup. The question about the stage show idea kind of gave me the hint.

Chef Mickey

Lord knows, it needs it. And the changes wouldn't have to take all that much time.

Iger's leadership means it will be 2022 if they start talking about it today.

Sonic Sunglasses

got an email survey today asking a lot of questions about the Jungle Cruise. There were well over 100 questions asking about the value of each individual element of the ride, and then asking about whether I wanted to see a TV show or movie or stage show about it, and finally dozens of questions about whether I would buy specific types of merchandise, from frozen food to footwear to salty snacks or home furnishings. Could not believe the level of detail. At first the questions seemed to be about whether they should gut the ride, but then it clearly veered into how they could further monetize it.
I got the same survey email, but mine focused on Pirates of the Caribbean. It was interesting to fill out since PotC is an all-time favourite ride. But as other have said, some of the questions were oddly specific, others just plain odd.

_caleb

I received a similar survey the other day, but it was all about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Asked what I liked/remembered best about the ride itself, and also how likely it was that I'd be interested in purchasing BTMRR stuff like jewelry, home decor, snack food items, etc.

Captain Neo

The Rock already confirmed he's working with WDI to reimagine the Jungle Cruise. It was in his Instagram post about signing on to produce the new Jungle Cruise movie.

I know that sounds weird but I'm not making it up.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep, that's my fear too. But some will say "IT'S THE ROCK SO IT'S OK" and that it will be cool to see him in there. If you truly re-imagine the ride, I could be ok including him if it's done right. But I love the ride as it is.

How soon before they cut the skippers spiel and have THE ROCK narrating? Sigh

The individual skipper's spiel - and bad jokes - is what makes the ride so great...

TiggerDad

Original Poster
I never get any of these surveys
I haven't seen one before, which is maybe why I was willing to go through page after page of repetitive questions. Some others have noted they are more frequent after you visit, and we were there at Christmas.

The real rescueranger

Has anyone thought that maybe this is smoke and mirrors? They ask about several different rides and services but they really only care about one thing. For instance, they want to gauge the interest in a HM restaurant but they ask about several different rides and whether we would be interested in a restaurant. That way it is harder for us to guess what there plans are. If they just surveyed about our interest in HM, it would be obvious what they had in mind.

No Name

This is a small part of a newly considered strategy, treating park attractions as IPs. You can already get Frozen Gummies, why not HM? Whether it will be fully implemented remains to be seen.

I like the sound of that, I really do.

The Haunted Mansion isn't driven by a "brand," it's created its own brand. Soarin', a rather recent ride, has created its own brand. Maybe, by treating these the same way as their movie brands, the execs will see the same level of value in them. Well... maybe someday. "In business," my good friend said last week, "the GPS does not easily recalculate."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom