Jungle Cruise Damaged??

KBLovedDisney

Wow...just wow...
latest

KBLovedDisney

Omg, please tell me that there is a follow-up thread about Mismemories! If not, would anyone be upset on here if I create one? I too have "Mismemories" from when I was a kid at Disney (I mixed up a ride with a restaurant...) and would love to read others mismeomories (is that a real word btw?)

Jedi Stitch

Omg, please tell me that there is a follow-up thread about Mismemories! If not, would anyone be upset on here if I create one? I too have "Mismemories" from when I was a kid at Disney (I mixed up a ride with a restaurant...) and would love to read others mismeomories (is that a real word btw?)
KB, If you started that thread, the fangs would come out on people I think, just by reading the King Louie thread. Go for it, It should be epic on what people remember and what was the truth. :)...Ah, Miss memories, "you think you had it bad" Monty Python will be proud.

KBLovedDisney

KB, If you started that thread, the fangs would come out on people I think, just by reading the King Louie thread. Go for it, It should be epic on what people remember and what was the truth. :)...Ah, Miss memories, "you think you had it bad" Monty Python will be proud.
Ha! Yikes! That thread could be very painful...
Let's do it!
giphy.gif

disneygeek90

Fable McCloud

Is Jungle Cruise running right now? I'm 30 days out from our trip and my guy has never been to WDW. I think he'll really love the corniness of JC, but I get why it may be down when we go.

disneygeek90

Is Jungle Cruise running right now? I'm 30 days out from our trip and my guy has never been to WDW. I think he'll really love the corniness of JC, but I get why it may be down when we go.
It is tentatively reported to open 9/18, but could be longer if they were not able to get it back in shape by then.

Chef Mickey

Nope.

Currently drained and being emptied of debris and fallen foliage. Hopefully some fixes can be done to some animatronics in need before refilling.
Thanks. I just called Disney about my reservation next week and they said it's scheduled to be re-opened 9/17. Seems ambitious.

Sidenote: She also told me Hall of Presidents would not re-open until Dec 2018? Is that accurate? Everything I've seen is a new show, HD projection, sound system, new seating, and re-open in late 2017. She said Dec 2018 multiple times. Can't be right.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw the Jungle Cruise Friday, but only from behind. Lots of damage, no ten feet without fallen tree or major branch. For some reason the storm hit the southwest part of the park the hardest. Maybe a gust of wind swept over SSL.

For fun, more AL:

i4k4z9.jpg

High levels of localized damage during a hurricane are often caused by microbursts. A microburst is a large packet of incredibly cold dense air that rushes towards the ground. They can produce horizontal wind speeds in excess of 100 mph, but they lack the rotation of a tornado.

Ralphlaw

So what you're saying is that King Louie was damaged as well. Darn, I loved that part of the ride. It reminds me of when Abe Lincoln used to get up and walk around the audience at the Hall of Presidents. At least they were able to dismantle and protect the castle before the hurricane hit. Glad to see they got it back up and assembled by the next day.

ppete1975

So what you're saying is that King Louie was damaged as well. Darn, I loved that part of the ride. It reminds me of when Abe Lincoln used to get up and walk around the audience at the Hall of Presidents. At least they were able to dismantle and protect the castle before the hurricane hit. Glad to see they got it back up and assembled by the next day.
Oh no here we go again..... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom