June 2017 crowds?

quackmar

Original Poster
Visiting the Mouse in the beginning of June and considering a few days at Universal. I was curious as to what effect people think the opening of Volcano Bay will have on the crowds at US and IOA. Especially in the initial few weeks, do you think VB will draw people from the parks or bring more people to them?

FlaMel

This is a great question. If Volcano Bay plays its role properly, it will bring more people to the resort and increase the average length of stay. I think that VB will be very successful out of the gate and I would anticipate a bump in attendance at the UOR in general. I believe the opening of VB will raise attendance at the resorts, parks and City Walk.

Disneyhead'71

The problem Universal is having now, is that they are running at 90% occupancy rate at the resorts. Since they can't really get many more people in their hotels, I predict there will be less people in the parks, since a big batch of those staying on property will be at Volcano Bay. But the major variable is how many people will come to UOR for Volcano Bay and stay off property.

What Volcano Bay will do is make getting a hotel room more difficult. Since the people that are staying on property will likely extend their stay by a day.

But to answer your question? It's June and they are opening a brand new water park. It will be busy.

quackmar

Original Poster
Thanks all for the insight/thoughts.

I know any time during the summer is busy. Just didn't know if VB would pull a noticeable amount of people from the theme parks.

I was asking because I was thinking of adding a day or two at Universal for a Potter fan It would have to be fri-sun which is not ideal. It might be worth it with average June crowds but I don't know if it is above normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom