June 2016

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Hey all!

So I was thinking we wouldn't be getting back to Disneyland until around 2017, but my dad came out of his office this morning and said, "Do you guys want to go to DL in June?" and the rest of us were like, "Yes please!" So we're going next year. :D We're using our DVC points and staying at Grand Californian, though we might extend the trip by doing two nights at the Hilton (we have enough rewards points to get two nights free).

Background: We're WDW vets, but this will be our third time in Disneyland. Our last trip was in June of 2013. I have not been keeping up much with DL news (mainly because I thought we weren't going quite yet). I am aware that Star Wars Land is coming (in spite of my name, I'm okay missing it since I'm at WDW so much and will see it there). When does the construction begin and how will it impact operations? Any other rides that will be down (I know I read Jungle Cruise will be down on another thread)?

We're also looking at doing some other SoCal stuff. We like San Diego Zoo, so we might do that again. We're looking more at sight-seeing stuff and less at other amusement parks. We're just starting to think about this, so general suggestions would be good.

I'll also be hanging around over here for the next seven months until the trip. But even though it's far off, super excited for it!

GiveMeTheMusic

Hey all!

So I was thinking we wouldn't be getting back to Disneyland until around 2017, but my dad came out of his office this morning and said, "Do you guys want to go to DL in June?" and the rest of us were like, "Yes please!" So we're going next year. :D We're using our DVC points and staying at Grand Californian, though we might extend the trip by doing two nights at the Hilton (we have enough rewards points to get two nights free).

Background: We're WDW vets, but this will be our third time in Disneyland. Our last trip was in June of 2013. I have not been keeping up much with DL news (mainly because I thought we weren't going quite yet). I am aware that Star Wars Land is coming (in spite of my name, I'm okay missing it since I'm at WDW so much and will see it there). When does the construction begin and how will it impact operations? Any other rides that will be down (I know I read Jungle Cruise will be down on another thread)?

We're also looking at doing some other SoCal stuff. We like San Diego Zoo, so we might do that again. We're looking more at sight-seeing stuff and less at other amusement parks. We're just starting to think about this, so general suggestions would be good.

I'll also be hanging around over here for the next seven months until the trip. But even though it's far off, super excited for it!

You'll find lots of great ideas for things to do in SoCal here in this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-official-explore-southern-california-thread.872243/

Re: Star Wars, closures start January 10. Big Thunder Ranch is closing permanently. The Rivers of America and all its attractions (including Fantasmic), as well as the Disneyland Railroad, will close for at least 18 months on January 10 as well.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Re: Star Wars, closures start January 10. Big Thunder Ranch is closing permanently. The Rivers of America and all its attractions (including Fantasmic), as well as the Disneyland Railroad, will close for at least 18 months on January 10 as well.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you want a little history we really enjoyed touring the mission at San Juan Capistrano. It was pretty, historical, and a nice break from crowds, especially right away in the morning as it was quiet. It was just my husband and I and one other guy for the first 40 minutes. We combined it with a half a beach day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom