Trip Report Updated Trip Report: July 7th to July 13th

So we are almost two weeks from the start of our trip to WDW and our group continues to grow and is now up to 28 people, many of them first timers. My immediately family has grown by one as we are in the process of adopting the little brother of the girl described in a post I have attached from an earlier post I made. I left that part out of my original post as at the time, the birth mother wanted to keep him (Kai or as I call him "The little kahuna"). All of our other children made their first trips to WDW when they were 12 weeks old or younger so we are continuing the tradition with him. Can't wait for the trip to get here and also to get started with my trip report and post tons of pics of these special kids who are going to see Mickey for the first time.
kai.jpg

During the past several months, my family helped close friends of ours bring the birth mother of their adopted son and his sister to the states to live. They previously lived in the Marshall Islands where it is very, very poor and also was an abusive situation with birth father. They are the most loving people I have ever met. The sister is around my two daughters ages and they have become very close as she spends most weekends with us and we love her very much as well:cry: (geesh I am getting choked up typing this). Well, we are going to WDW in June and decided we wanted to take her with us as they may move to a different state after the summer. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for us and for her. So this past weekend we added her to our reservation and decided to surprise her. We played several WDW vacation videos that show the different parks and attractions and then took video of her reaction when she figured out she was going. It was a "magical" moment.
My question to you guys, is this. Does anyone know where I could submit this video and maybe we could get her a few extra memories, as it truly is a miracle she is here.
Thanks in advance.

FlaggNL

Thanks. Look out for the caravan of mini-vans on 75 south in a few weeks, that will be us!
I have picked up a few tips and I plan on just asking as many cast members as I can when we get there.

Well I won't see the caravan :) Guess you will take pictures for a future TR? Again have a magical time!

bebert

Original Poster
You certainly deserve the most magical trip! Congrats on so many levels! Maybe write a letter to the resort you are all staying and explain your unique circumstance! Keep us posted!
I am going to try and talk to the Manager or Senior cast members while everyone is at the pool and see what "magic" we can make happen.

bebert

Original Poster
Took the kids to Party City last night to purchase tatoos for Magic Bands. Going to decorate them (or at least try) and post some pics once we are done. The boys will have Star Wars and Marvel themes and the girls will have Frozen, Minnie and Tinkerbell.

12_Ears_Dad

Yea the Florida heat can dehydrate you quick , especially if your not used to it. Hopefully they will listen to your advice so they don't end up miserable..

bebert

Original Poster
Today is MK. Looks like most of the crowd is going to DHS for SW weekend. Maybe a "lighter" crowd at MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom