July or August???

artvandelay

I've never been to WDW during the summer months (although May '03 felt like it). I'm thinking of going next year and was wondering which month was better for weather? Some background on me...I'm from Long Island so I'm used to Hazy, Hot and Humid weather.
To beat the heat, do you go to water parks or the hotel pool early in the day and go to the parks later in the afternoon?
Which month is more crowded?
Is the last two weeks of August better because a lot of the country has kids going back to school (NY starts in Sept.)?
Thanks in advance for the responses.

tigsmom

We've been in both and I really don't see much of a difference in the weather...it's HHH with afternoon thunderstorms thrown in.
We try to take a break in the afternoon after a late lunch...hit the pool and try to take a nap before we go back. Our kids are 15 &8.
Being in my mid 40's I need the rest, too! :lol:

Given my choice I would vote for a mid winter vacation, but we can't take the kids out of school for too long anymore. This was the first year we didn't go to FL in the winter and boy did we miss it!!

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

We have always gone the first week in August. I believe FL kids are already back at school at that time. We have gone to the parks early, especially when they have early entry (didn't last year) and then head to TL or the pool. Last year we stayed at the BC and the pool there was so great that DD didn't want to go to the water parks. And I so agree with Tigsmom, I'm 41 and nap time is soo important.

Upvote 0

secretsquirrel

Hurricanes

July and Aug are both stupid hot and humid, but I think (don't hold me to this) that August has a greater number of Hurricanes than July over the years. Something to consider.:eek:

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Mary Ellen
We have always gone the first week in August. I believe FL kids are already back at school at that time. We have gone to the parks early, especially when they have early entry (didn't last year) and then head to TL or the pool. Last year we stayed at the BC and the pool there was so great that DD didn't want to go to the water parks. And I so agree with Tigsmom, I'm 41 and nap time is soo important.

Hi,
How were the crowds the first week of Aug?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

Originally posted by s25843
Hi,
How were the crowds the first week of Aug?

Thanks

Hi -
The crowds are a good size the first week of Aug. Last year was not ordinary, very low attendance. This year with the Fairytale Package I think it will be full most of the time. Every year I use the Unofficial Guide Touring Plan and it has never failed me no matter how crowed it is. But than again, I'm the nut waiting at the park at 7 a.m. to get in. Hope this helps

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

this is going to be my 4th year going in either July & / or August... the year we were there in the early part of July it rained a lot... but really there isn't much of a difference between July & August... they're both HHH! I couldn't tell when July ended & August began. Hurricane season goes straight through until November... so July isn't worse than August for hurricanes, and vice versa... the crowds were pretty much the same in both July & August as they were when we've been in Feb. & April during school vacations... maybe not even as heavy...

Upvote 0

artvandelay

Original Poster
billybaruch1 Jerry: "And you're an architect?"

George: "I'm not?"

Will you give me your artvandelay username?

You can't have artvandelay, but I think Dr. Van Nostrund or H.R. Pennypacker are available. Is your usrename from the famous putter owned by a Judge?

Upvote 0

JTFerret

My son has to be back in school the beginning of August (we live in Florida). One thing to avoid is the last weekend of August because it is Labor Day Weekend (Monday Sept. 1st is Labor Day) and the parks are normally very crowded for the three day weekend. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom