Journey to Atlantis Closed?

Shebamihoko

Original Poster
When I went to the park on March 7th, Journey to Atlantis was closed with some construction going on in the area in the front following the major drop. Any news on what is going on there?

Tom Morrow

Anyone been on this recently? It has gotten worse since this thread was posted... almost nothing at all is working. I know I often complain about effects on Disney rides not working, but this is just downright sad and embarrassing. Not good for a company that needs to look as good as it possibly can.

Bairstow

I've never really understood what's supposed to be going on in this ride.
Every time I've ridden it the effects either aren't working or the timing is so messed up that the audio triggers before we can hear it.
All I can figure is that it involves Beetlejuice somehow...

Tom Morrow

I've never really understood what's supposed to be going on in this ride.
Every time I've ridden it the effects either aren't working or the timing is so messed up that the audio triggers before we can hear it.
All I can figure is that it involves Beetlejuice somehow...
This is a review from when the ride opened that explains the story, as well as the countless effects that no longer work, pretty well:
http://www.thrillride.com/JTA/jta.html

THE Monorail Lime

Unfortunately It's closed as of 9/19/17 for maintenance......but it's unclear whether they are re activating the effects or adding new ones we will find out the 1st of October apparently!

celluloid

I would love for the eerie theming and concept of venturing into risen Atlantis with evil spirits within to return, however I believe this will be the finising of the changes that got time and budget shorted last year, but at this point anything is better than its current state. It is such a large scale attraction and a well themed building it deserves to be the dark ride hybrid it once was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom