Journey Into Imagination

thecompman

Original Poster
Hi all,

I don't have a secret to share, but a question related to a secret. In Journey Into Your Imagination right after you go through the smell lab you come to the part where Figment sends you to his upside down house. However there is what looks like a garage door half way closed, supposidly leading to the "taste and touch" labs. It also appears that the track extends into this closed gateway.
My question is does this bit of track actually lead anywhere? or is it simply part of the "magic" to show that we could have gone to the "touch and taste labs" but were sent to Figment's house instead? Thanks.

napnet

It might be where they take the vehicals for repairs/storage and they have just themed it this way... quite common. Its been awhile since i rode this so i dont remember exactly.

RonAnnArbor

The tracks cut off. THere is nothing behind that door. It isn't even a door, it is just a setpiece placed in front of the wall. The track actually ends about an inch before the wall if you look closely.

napnet

RonAnnArbor said:
The tracks cut off. THere is nothing behind that door. It isn't even a door, it is just a setpiece placed in front of the wall. The track actually ends about an inch before the wall if you look closely.

Yeah i just rode this a few weeks ago and noticed it as well. I also saw the real track for where they work on the carts.

thecompman

Original Poster
That's kinda too bad, it was fun to think it may actually go somewhere and wonder where it goes. Oh well, I can still imagine :)

Rob562

napnet said:
Yeah i just rode this a few weeks ago and noticed it as well. I also saw the real track for where they work on the carts.

If you're in the front seat, you can clearly see that the fake track is trully fake with no way of switching to it.

And for those looking for the spur track to the maintenance bay, it's right after the finale room with all the Figments. It's just off to the right-hand side. This is also where the track course was shortened from the original ride. Just past the maintenance track is where thee cut it off and connected it back up with the track partway through the carousel where the Dreamfinder's ship was.

-Rob

maelstrom

I was just looking at this the other day, actually. But as others have said, the track that appears to be going into the touch and taste labs is not connected to the ride track. It's just for show. :)

jedimaster1227

Rob562 said:
If you're in the front seat, you can clearly see that the fake track is trully fake with no way of switching to it.

And for those looking for the spur track to the maintenance bay, it's right after the finale room with all the Figments. It's just off to the right-hand side. This is also where the track course was shortened from the original ride. Just past the maintenance track is where thee cut it off and connected it back up with the track partway through the carousel where the Dreamfinder's ship was.

-Rob

This last week, there was work going on inside of the maintenance bay. There was a ladder and some lights and some other stuff. I couldn't take a look because the CM would have caught me if I opened the door to the maintenance room.

Fantasmic

The ride would be MUCH better if you actually DID go into the touch and taste labs though!!!!

Or they should have left it alone

haveyoumetmark

Sure it would've been, but how would they have let you experience touch and taste on the ride? That's what got me, and that's why it stopped there too I guess.

jedimaster1227

haveyoumetmark said:
Sure it would've been, but how would they have let you experience touch and taste on the ride? That's what got me, and that's why it stopped there too I guess.

It is probably for the better that we didn't have to go into the taste and touch labs because I don't want to taste Figment, or Nigel Channing. Also, I don't want to touch Nigel Channing. :lol:

Fantasmic

jedimaster1227 said:
Also, I don't want to touch Nigel Channing. :lol:

Is there anyone who does ?

I personally CANNOT stand Nigel Channing. I suppose I can stand Eric Idle a bit more. But why do all the Americans love him so much ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom