Journey into Imagination Refurbishment

aladdin2007

Any chance there will be an announcement at D23 on this? Last D23 they had Dreamfinder come out and sing "One Little Spark" with Dick Sherman

There is growing rumor about that being some type of surprise annoucement, but will believe it when it happens. Would be fantastic though.

FettFan

Any chance there will be an announcement at D23 on this? Last D23 they had Dreamfinder come out and sing "One Little Spark" with Dick Sherman

According to Ron "Dreamfinder" Schneider, it was a spur of the moment thing for the fans and Richard Sherman, and is in no way indicative of Disney's future plans for the pavilion.

Much like Avatar Land, all we know for sure right now is "it's coming".

SMRT-1Michael

It call always get worse.

epcot-wonders-of-life-pavilion-1-9.jpg
So. Sad. It's painful to see.

Goofnut1980

I just feel FW needs lit up better... Lets make it futuristic with color changing LED's on the exhibits. That pyramid should look amazing with the way they can do lighting now. And LED would be affordable.

erwinalber4

I'm all for a major change to the attraction but for the love of Mickey please don't take figment away from me. He's my favorite. I'm not sure whether I should be excited or scared to be honest. Look at Wonders of Life.

aladdin2007

I'm all for a major change to the attraction but for the love of Mickey please don't take figment away from me. He's my favorite. I'm not sure whether I should be excited or scared to be honest. Look at Wonders of Life.

Im a mix of both lol, they took away figment once and it was a mass revolution, I dont think they would pull that same stupid stunt again. Whatever they do figment I would think will be somehow included even if not the main theme. Martins silver lining comment above gives me a small glimmer of hope, but a small one.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I really hope they just stick an updated vershion of the origional ride... I don't see why they wouldn't, no one at Disney World has talent any more.

I think you answered it lol, they wouldnt because they dont seem to have talent anymore, thats how it feels anyway. But its really TDO not wanting to pay for what Imagineering comes up with. But with Baxter as a consultant on this so they say, heres hoping to something postive.

Goofyernmost

I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but every year that goes by creates fewer people who know the origins of Figment or care one way or the other. That means that at some point they can take him out and hardly hear a peep out of anyone. Sad fact of life.

aladdin2007

I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but every year that goes by creates fewer people who know the origins of Figment or care one way or the other. That means that at some point they can take him out and hardly hear a peep out of anyone. Sad fact of life.

True Debbie :), I guess its a wait and see game for now. But your right would there be the huge revolt today that there was back in 99?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hope Figment never goes away, Disney should know how much he is loved by all the merch that is bought. If not I guess we'll have to start up the petition that went around the last time they tried to take him from us!

dgp602

:joyfull: ** bump ** :) LOL Sorry for the bump loyal readers!! But I'm in my midsummer Disney slump, tied of reading the same old threads. And when searching some old ones, I realized that we have not heard a word about the potential "refurb" of this under used pavilion. I hear about Frozen coming to Norway, the updated version of Soar'n, but not a word about possibly the greatest need for a refurb in all of EPCOT.

Any updates, news or rumors 9 always entertaining! )..??

doctornick

@marni1971 hinted that there was approval for something in Epcot to be fixed. And he seemed happy about it. A proper Imagination seems like the most likely thing he would been referencing, especially since we know some plans already exist and were close to being approved in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom