Journey Into Imagination refurb.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Something really tells me that they are building Avatarland and Frozen in Norway as a ploy to keep Dr. Channing in the Imagination Pavillion.
They are building an entire land, spending many, many millions of dollars; also refurbing an Epcot pavilion, just as a way to get out of refurbing an Epcot pavilion.

makes-sense-thumb.jpg

THPFanatic

With the state of Disney imagination at this point, I seriously doubt that revamping Journey Into Imagination would be a good thing, since I can't think of a good revamp of a ride in the past couple years. I thought the Test Track revamp was idiotic, and even though I see how they tried to make it more modern, I just didn't think it at the time that it was worth it. As far the comment about UOE, I really don't see how its still open, and I try my hardest to pass it everytime I go by it. But like so many people have said, and I wasn't old enough to experience the version of Imagination discussed, at some point you have to realize its not coming back, just like AE inst coming back unless something crazy happens in the future.

Bing Bong

With the state of Disney imagination at this point, I seriously doubt that revamping Journey Into Imagination would be a good thing, since I can't think of a good revamp of a ride in the past couple years. I thought the Test Track revamp was idiotic, and even though I see how they tried to make it more modern, I just didn't think it at the time, as far the comment about UOE, I really don't see how its still open, and I try my hardest to pass it everytime I go by it. But like so many people have said, and I wasn't old enough to experience the version of Imagination discussed, at some point you have to realize its not coming back, just like AE inst coming back unless something crazy happens in the future.
The Test Track Refurb was the best thing to happen to Epcot in 15 years.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Does anybody know why the current version of Journey Into Imagination is still open, and how much longer is the current version going to be open?

It is still open because it does well on surveys since people like air conditioned places to sit where they don't have to wait in line. It will be open for a long time.

I don't think that Soarin was a bad move either. And the only thing we lost in that process was a dusty bunch of singing vegetables. Cute, but, hardly a great loss.

VVFF4L

RSoxNo1

The Test Track Refurb was the best thing to happen to Epcot in 15 years.

Even if I liked the Test Track refurb a whole lot (which I don't), Soarin' is best thing to happen at Epcot this century.

Soarin was and is meh (it is the single most overrated attraction since Peter Pan's Flight). Test Track 2.0 is actually relevant to the original goal of EPCOT Center, while also being current, and interactive.

The vehicle design component of Test Track really screams EPCOT Center to me, that is a great addition. I'd say the ride itself is a step backwards, but it's not horrible at all. Test Track 2.0 and Living with the Land are the least flawed attractions in Future World.

As for Soarin' being overrated, I'd say Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, and Toy Story Mania are more overrated, but it's up there. Having said that, I enjoy Soarin' and do it every trip to Epcot.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The vehicle design component of Test Track really screams EPCOT Center to me, that is a great addition. I'd say the ride itself is a step backwards, but it's not horrible at all. Test Track 2.0 and Living with the Land are the least flawed attractions in Future World.

As for Soarin' being overrated, I'd say Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, and Toy Story Mania are more overrated, but it's up there. Having said that, I enjoy Soarin' and do it every trip to Epcot.
I agree with you the new Test Track. I liked the design stuff, but I wish the ride did more with it. And I wish the ride was something more than "cool lighting as the car drives around".

As for Soarin', I find it underrated. Every time I ride, I go on thinking "I've done this so many times before, it probably won't seem special anymore". And then it seems special yet again. TT 2.0 no longer seemed particularly special on ride 3 until the high-speed loop. My kids loved it, though.

SnarkyMonkey

It is still open because it does well on surveys since people like air conditioned places to sit where they don't have to wait in line. It will be open for a long time.

You know there is something to this. I know I like that thee are less popular attractions so that I don't spend the whole day in line. I like that everything is not a headliner and that there are a variety of attractions from minor diversions to e tickets.

These comments have nothing to do with Imagination in particular. Just general comments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom