Journey Into Imagination refurb.

PorterRedkey

Notice how much longer the line is to get in...
I was joking that the orange and turquoise theme was reminiscent of the Howard Johnson hotels. My family stayed in one for 6 years straight, when we visited my Aunt in Ft. Lauderdale. Later we moved to Ireland's Inn on the beach.

In the 70's we stayed at the Hyatt Orlando when we visited the World. It had color-coded sections and you used a key card to get into your room instead of a key. A key card in the 70's how cool?

They also had a helicopter ride, shopping center and a 4-star restaurant - Limey Jims. It was the first place I got a spoonful of sorbet to cleanse my pallet before the main course.

Bocabear

I was joking that the orange and turquoise theme was reminiscent of the Howard Johnson hotels. My family stayed in one for 6 years straight, when we visited my Aunt in Ft. Lauderdale. Later we moved to Ireland's Inn on the beach.

In the 70's we stayed at the Hyatt Orlando when we visited the World. It had color-coded sections and you used a key card to get into your room instead of a key. A key card in the 70's how cool?

They also had a helicopter ride, shopping center and a 4-star restaurant - Limey Jims. It was the first place I got a spoonful of sorbet to cleanse my pallet before the main course.
Wow I remember the old Hyatt...that was a beautiful property....that unfortunately went downhill...Last I saw it has been closed for year....every few years someone tries to reopen it...Sad...at the time it was a very nice hotel.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I thought possibly, but it's a lot different than most of the concept art I've seen for Westcot.

westcot1_illustrative.jpg

Spacestation%20Earth.jpg

montyz81

Yeah, it makes me wonder what we'd be complaining about right now for Westcot had it been built
Actually, I believe, you wouldn't be complaining about much. Horizons would not have been demolished as there was a replica of it for Wescot. Likely the rest of FW would have been updated on a consistent basis to go along with the versions that were placed in Wescot. So, in actuality, Westcot would have brought Epcot up to the 1990s or 2000s. I sort of now wish it would have been built.
@marni1971 or anyone else in the know, care to comment on what I said?

Brian Swan

Does anybody know why the current version of Journey Into Imagination is still open, and how much longer is the current version going to be open? That and Captain EO was supposed to close a year ago for a year long refurb. I want the current version gone now, I want Dreamfinder back now. I have had all I can stand of the awful current version, and secondly I despise Dr. Nigel Channing with a passion, I like Eric Idle and there is no doubt in my mind that he is a legend from Monty Python, but Dr. Channing dosen't belong in the Imagination Pavillion. I don't care if the next JII refurb is completely new with Dreamfinder or if it's a remake of the original with I prefer the most, whatever it is I want the current version gone now. I refuse to go to the Disney parks until the current version is gone, and Dreamfinder returns.
Would you like some cheese to go with that post...? I agree that the original JII was one of the best rides in EP. I also hate what it has become. But if you are seriously basing your decision about going to WDW on the return of Dreamfinder, I suggest that you invest in Universal or Six Flags APs...

Phantom Mickey

Actually, I believe, you wouldn't be complaining about much. Horizons would not have been demolished as there was a replica of it for Wescot. Likely the rest of FW would have been updated on a consistent basis to go along with the versions that were placed in Wescot. So, in actuality, Westcot would have brought Epcot up to the 1990s or 2000s. I sort of now wish it would have been built.
@marni1971 or anyone else in the know, care to comment on what I said?

Almost... As the rumor goes.....Horizons couldn't be saved for structural reasons, as the rumor goes. Even if Mission had not been planned, Horizons was going to collapse in on itself. There had been hints of a problem and the general thought was the attraction ride was causing stress on the building. When roof stress and building shift was noticed, it was learned that the building was affected by works of nature. The conclusion to the article was it was IF a fix could be found, it was going to be cost prohibitive to make a repair.
Horizons was one of my stops every time I was at EPCOT Center and is missed.

montyz81

Almost... As the rumor goes.....Horizons couldn't be saved for structural reasons, as the rumor goes. Even if Mission had not been planned, Horizons was going to collapse in on itself. There had been hints of a problem and the general thought was the attraction ride was causing stress on the building. When roof stress and building shift was noticed, it was learned that the building was affected by works of nature. The conclusion to the article was it was IF a fix could be found, it was going to be cost prohibitive to make a repair.
Horizons was one of my stops every time I was at EPCOT Center and is missed.
I had heard that was not true/ myth. I had heard that HP wanted a new ride completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom