Jonathan Brandis dies.....

ShanenLuvsDsny

Original Poster
Official Statement from his movie site:
The Year That Trembled

In Memory of Jonathan Brandis

We recently learned of the untimely death of Jonathan Brandis. We at Novel City Pictures are deeply saddened and stunned by this, and like many people, we grieve for his loss. Jonathan was a great actor, and our friend. We send our deepest sympathies to his family, his friends, and his fans. We all miss him very much.

This is so sad. He was only 27 years old. They suspect suicide. :(

Attachments

• jbrandis.jpg
    jbrandis.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 177

ShanenLuvsDsny

Original Poster
Quote from a Cleveland newpaper:

Actor Jonathan Brandis, 27, who starred in the movie "The Year That Trembled," which was filmed in Ohio, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment Wednesday. Brandis, 27, was found by friends and pronounced dead at a hospital, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office. There were no signs of violence. An autopsy was due to be performed yesterday, an investigator said. "The Year That Trembled," produced by Tyler Davidson and Scott Lax, who were living in the Cleveland area at the time, was filmed in Ohio and premiered at the Cleveland International Film Festival in 2002. Brandis played Casey Pedersen, a young man who is caught up in the turmoil of the Vietnam War. "It's a terrific tragedy, and our hearts go out to the family," said Davidson, who now lives in Los Angeles.

Attachments

• seaquest23.jpg
    seaquest23.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 172

aim

I know, I can't believe this! And also, that it was probably suicide! I LOVED Sea Quest!! I should go into my old room and look for the posters I had of him. :cry:

Legacy

That is such a shame. I remember when I was younger wanting to be just like him.

Now I will never be able to watch 'Ladybugs' with feeling deeply saddened.

To many famous people are dying nowadays.

Captain Cab

The movie "Sidekicks" with him and Chuck Norris was also pretty good. With him being young you have to wonder if it was either a suicide or a drug overdose like that Australian actor in the tv show JAG.

attisb

Originally posted by WDW*babe
When'd that happen?!? Was he the one that Mac almost married?

Yes. They still run his commercial for the FloorMate (has a kangaroo making footprints on a floor)

Erika

That is sad news.:(

I am not really familiar with anything he has done, but my friend won a date with him back in 94. She said he was a lot of fun.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
:eek: Oh my god...
I loved Sea Quest!!!!
That's really sad, I'm sad :(

I loved it to!!! Great show! :(

My Friend Luke, looks JUST like Jonathan Brandis, and I would make Sea Quest & dolphin jokes at him..lol

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DMC-12
I loved it to!!! Great show! :(

My Friend Luke, looks JUST like Jonathan Brandis, and I would make Sea Quest & dolphin jokes at him..lol
That is so sad! I loved Seaquest! My prayers will be with his family and friends tonight!
On a lighter note Hey Jer Does your friend have a sister named Leia? :lol: :animwink:

EchoOfOphelia

Has anyone heard any other news or anything?
Has it been confirmed as a suicide? :(

I've been thinking about this a lot since I heard about it, I even pulled out my many SeaQuest episode tapes and watching them. Any add'l info would be appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom