Johnny Depp Surprises Guests on PoC Ride

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
He is the kind of guy that really loves his fans. He is going to make a killing on the convention circuit when he retires from acting. Hopefully he never goes the Shatner route and tells us to "get a life!".

lpddu.jpg

wasn't that an SNL skit?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
far too many people in this thread acting like they wouldn't completely geek out for johnny depp in character as a surprise on the ride. come on that's awesome regardless of what inspired him to do it.

for what its worth he's done this before and does hospital visits dressed as sparrow too. i'm sure it helps promote things but he also seems to genuinely like doing it.

Depp is a huge DL fan. He has been seen running around the parks for years now. He's done this on PotC, I've heard from CMs, a couple times a year since they updated it with the Jack Sparrow AAs.

He likes being in character and does so to give back to the fans.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
He likes being in character and does so to give back to the fans.

I've heard stories (not sure how true they are) that he actually brings a PotC/Jack Sparrow costume with him while traveling and has been known to stop into children's hospitals in character to brighten up the sick kids' days... so yeah... love playing the character and seems to do a lot of good while doing it...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've heard stories (not sure how true they are) that he actually brings a PotC/Jack Sparrow costume with him while traveling and has been known to stop into children's hospitals in character to brighten up the sick kids' days... so yeah... love playing the character and seems to do a lot of good while doing it...

I've heard the same thing, and he even brings it with him to DL just in case he gets the itch to jump into PotC.

That's just awesome! Hope Dwayne Johnson does the same thing for JC.

And Shatner does plenty of conventions, I met him at Dubai Comic Con a couple years ago.

DoleWhipperSnapper

Why can't this ever happen to me while I'm riding a ride a WDW? I have been to WDW 15 and have never seen a celeb in my life. Johnny Depp surely loves what he is doing and the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. What a special treat for the fans and rides of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom