John Carter

FutureCEO

Original Poster
From everything out there that I have been reading, it seems people like it? One of those movies that do terrible and after the theater, do amazingly well.

It was on TV last week....caught some of it but I was clueless what was going on for I never read the book.

stevehousse

I actually own the DVD! But it was not by choice. It was actually a complete accident!!!

I used to be part of the Disney movie club, and each month there is a featured title that "automatically" gets shipped to you. However, if you don't want that title, you can decline it. Well I totally forgot to cancel John Carter, and it ended up showing up at my house. That was I think like 2 years ago, and we have never watched it...LOL

Matt_Black

I really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun. And, technically, both Star Wars and Avatar, and pretty much any sci-fi story made in the past hundred years roughly has cribbed from the John Carter stories and not vice versa.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The movie died at the Box Office from poor promotion. TWDC just didn't care.
This^^^

It was a decently done movie, but the promotion was horrible. Most people had no clue that the John Carter series was the genesis of nearly all modern science fiction and Disney did a horrible job communicating that.

216bruce

I'll go as far to say that it was at least as good as any Star Wars prequel. It just didn't have the hype and no one knew what it was. Also one of the worst trailers ever. Deserves a sequel.

Matt_Black

Well, Andrew Stanton did say he'd like to do another, and if Finding Dory does well (prediction- even if it's only half as good as Nemo, it will STILL make over a half billion dollars world wide at least), there's a good chance that will give him the clout to get it going.

Matt7187

I actually own the DVD! But it was not by choice. It was actually a complete accident!!!

I used to be part of the Disney movie club, and each month there is a featured title that "automatically" gets shipped to you. However, if you don't want that title, you can decline it. Well I totally forgot to cancel John Carter, and it ended up showing up at my house. That was I think like 2 years ago, and we have never watched it...LOL
That happened for me with Mulan a couple months ago!

KeithVH

I dunno. I mean it was entertaining and all, but I was one of those who had some issues. The Tharks were OK, and so were the Therns. The White Apes were atrocious. And honestly, in my mind's eye, I was REALLY hoping Dejah Thoris would be the Frazetta icon I always pictured. Oh yeah, the blades too - and the lack of emphasis on real swordsmanship. Overall costuming could use some improvement and maybe some updates on the various flyers and airships to be more in line with original designs.

So, fix all that and I'm definitely in for the sequel.

P.S., get rid of the calot and put some serious banths in there.

Allym146

My husband makes fun of me for how much I love this movie. I guess it helps that I find Taylor Kitsch incredibly good looking haha:D.

216bruce

Just Google Image search 'Frazetta Deja Thoris'. As much as I thought the film's Deja was attractive...well, just do the search. I'd put up pix, but most would get me either thrown out or have the moral/religious zealots in a tizzy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom