Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafe Coffee throughout Disney's Domestic Parks and Resorts

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm glad to hear it, the Nescafé was pretty awful stuff.

As for the conspiracy theorists, really? Disney or another associated company can't make any public announcement in the aftermath of '74's trumped-up panic over the non-existent tie between MagicBands and supposed COPPA compliance ever without it being a cover-up or diversionary tactic? :rolleyes:

bsiev1977

As for the conspiracy theorists, really? Disney or another associated company can't make any public announcement in the aftermath of '74's trumped-up panic over the non-existent tie between MagicBands and supposed COPPA compliance ever without it being a cover-up or diversionary tactic? :rolleyes:
Moon is egg. It is known.

prberk

Kona Cafe's press pot service has been Joffrey’s 100% Kona if you order just a regular cup at Kona Cafe' it is a "Kona Blend" or at least 10% Kona coffee. Unfortunately I don't see them selling whole bean or ground coffee by the bag on site. But you can order it from Joffrey’s web site.

The Kona Cafe always offered the 100% Kona by the bag and in bean form, at least in the last 10 years or so, both in the restaurant and at the counter for walk-ups. It was always expensive, though. (About $40 for a one-pound bag.) Probably from Joffrey's then, I guess. So, it should remain, it would seem.

As for other coffee on the resort, it was better when it was Hills Bros., but as I noted above, I believe that was lost when Nestle sold its Sara Lee division (which owned Hills Bros. and most of their other coffee lines, except obviously Nescafe). Since Nestle is a major sponsor of WDW, that is probably why everything changed over to Nescafe (Nestle's primary coffee brand remaining).

I wonder if this wholesale dropping of Nescafe coffee means their sponsorship contract with Nestle is history also?

RSoxNo1

Joffreys currently operates a couple of the kiosks around World Showcase, they have the Epcot kiosk near to the monorail, the TTC kiosks, the Animal Kingdom kiosks at the main entrance, the Tower of Terror kiosk at the Studios, Contemporary Lobby and probably a couple more that I am missing. They also provide the coffee for the signature restaurants.
Yeah, many of the stand alone kiosks around the parks are operated by Joffreys, I believe the list is as follows:
  • Epcot Entrance
  • Universe of Energy area
  • American Adventure
  • UK Pavilion
  • Showcase Plaza
  • Animal Kingdom Entrance
  • Tower of Terror

flynnibus

Premium Member
The timing of this announcement, one day after the earnings report and a week after the kerfuffle with the Congressman, was not unnoticed....

..but it's not like the deal was scrounged up to combat those things. So what exactly are we saying the evil empire is up to now? Trying to manage the news funnel.. you don't say? Should we be sharpening our pitchforks for every company in the country now?

Light your torches friends... PR around the world is our enemy!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
..but it's not like the deal was scrounged up to combat those things. So what exactly are we saying the evil empire is up to now? Trying to manage the news funnel.. you don't say? Should we be sharpening our pitchforks for every company in the country now?

Light your torches friends... PR around the world is our enemy!

Yes, it was precisely to that extreme that I was going....

bethymouse

I always thought Nescafe was like "instant" coffee, almost like "SANKA". Yikes!:eek: I hope this "Joffrey's" brand is better. I do enjoy a cup of Kona Coffee. The pressed pot of coffee @ AKL is pretty good too.:)

WeekendGM

Wouldn't surprise me if Disney has been waiting to do this sense Nestlé dropped their sponsorship of The Land pavilion back in 2009.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Acronyms already, really? You guys already make it difficult enough to keep up in threads. :D

Kind of hard not to use acronyms in this case.
0004141010031_500X500.jpg

WDW1974

The timing of this announcement, one day after the earnings report and a week after the kerfuffle with the Congressman, was not unnoticed....

Actually, the real news that was released to cover for all of that was the word of the stand alone Star Wars films that has been all the talk in the industry the last two days.

That is the big stuff to make people forget the important stuff ... the coffee reference was just for fanbois that read Disney forums like this one!

WDW1974

You are starting to be like a Canadian rabid dog, Monty. ... My comment wasn't part of any conspiracy, just that Disney loves it when fans talk about things of little or no import and ignore the stuff they should be paying attention to.

But you better believe releasing word on the Star Wars films absolutely was meant as a diversionary tactic to fans and media/industry followers.

As to COPPA and NGE, all I'll say is if the co-author of the bill and a respected Congressman whose specialization is in children's privacy rights thinks there is something worth looking into, then I'm going to go with him and my gut vs. someone who is addicted to Pixie Dust and doesn't think Disney can do any wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom