Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafe Coffee throughout Disney's Domestic Parks and Resorts

prberk

Uh oh, coffee thread. I'm running for the hills! ;)

And seemingly, so did Disney back in the day: For many years (starting way back in the '50s I think and lasting up until at least the '90s) Disney resorts had Hills Bros. coffee exclusively. I liked that. I think they left it, though, because Nestle sold Hills Bros. to another maker. Good coffee, though. Better than Nescafe!

I thought that was it in the Contemporary lobby. I knew that it was not a Disney location. The coffee was good. I hope that they will be selling it through the Disney system with Disney employees, and not further outsourcing.

I wonder if they will provide the real 100% Kona coffee (and beans to take home) at the Kona Cafe also? That is a staple for the Polynesian experience.

Kona Cafe's press pot service has been Joffrey’s 100% Kona if you order just a regular cup at Kona Cafe' it is a "Kona Blend" or at least 10% Kona coffee. Unfortunately I don't see them selling whole bean or ground coffee by the bag on site. But you can order it from Joffrey’s web site.

Marc Germany

I am not sure about that. The coffee they have in the resort rooms is an off brand made for hotel coffee makers. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they were never made by Nescafe. Some of the deluxe resorts are switching to an individual cup coffee maker that uses a coffee pod. If Joffery's starts making coffee pods to fit either machine they could switch, but from what I can tell Joffery's does not even make K-cups.

They allready did at CBR: We had a cuisneart coffeemaker at our room Last week. Coffeepads were from cuisneart, too.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What does the Celebration Place Social Media Cabal and TDO like more than anything?

Yep. Coffee threads.

Now, no one has to talk about NGE or first quarter results or Tony Baxter leaving and what it means ... everyone can just focus on coffee ... mmmm ....

The timing of this announcement, one day after the earnings report and a week after the kerfuffle with the Congressman, was not unnoticed....

MissM

If I drank coffee, I'd probably care about this... but I dont.
I don't drink coffee either but it does also mean a change in hot cocoa. I, personally, greatly enjoy some cocoa on a cool night so a better option is always welcome!

ETA: Oh and they do tea as well as a company so perhaps some tea offerings might be included which would also be nice. :)

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Hooray!
Does this mean they will have a better chocolate milk too than that NesQuik stuff?

914bbdd11427f7c8c663a4ac3d25f121.jpg

You got what you came for. Now take your coffee, put down my NesQuik and just back away...

wdwstateofmind

At the end of the day it's all 50/50 coffee extract/imitation sludge that come in boxes they place in the machines...no actual coffee is being made...it's actually quite sad, the Hess near Boardwalk has better coffee than most of the resort...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom