Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafe Coffee throughout Disney's Domestic Parks and Resorts

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good to hear. Do you know if they will be making the filter pods to fit the 4-cup and 1-cup machines or if they are switching to a different machine?
I'm not sure on that one - the only info I have is that it will be the in-room coffee. I'll post if I find out.

bsiev1977

Are you sure about actual coffee beans being used?
On the show Wildboyz, they did a segment once where Pontius and Steve O talked to this guy who worked for a company that made a very expensive coffee. What was unique about this particular coffee was that before the beans were ground, they were eaten and..........."returned"......by a furry little animal. I forget what the animal was, some kind of African ferret looking thing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
On the show Wildboyz, they did a segment once where Pontius and Steve O talked to this guy who worked for a company that made a very expensive coffee. What was unique about this particular coffee was that before the beans were ground, they were eaten and..........."returned"......by a furry little animal. I forget what the animal was, some kind of African ferret looking thing.
Probably still better than the swill!

Brian Noble

Nescafe gone?

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are you sure about actual coffee beans being used?
Legend has it they were once there.

The coffee you are referring to is Kopi Luwak. It goes for about $600 a pound and is without question, the best coffee I have ever had by a large margin.

bsiev1977

Legend has it they were once there.

The coffee you are referring to is Kopi Luwak. It goes for about $600 a pound and is without question, the best coffee I have ever had by a large margin.

I believe you when you say it's good, I guess I just couldn't get over the idea of drinking doo-doo coffee. Though I'm sure if you gave me a cup without telling me what it was I'd think it was great.

trr1

Andrew Zimmerman drank civet cat coffee in Vietnam starts at 6:13

dreamfinder

So does this mean that people will now be complaining about burnt, old, etc coffee? One of the pluses about Nescafe was that it was simple, just like soda, and required minimal attention from CMs. So even though it may not have been the best, it was a consistent product. So will they now have to be constantly swapping out pots in the AM rush? And then remembering to keep it fresh and rotated throughout the day? Or does Joffreys have some other form of no worry coffee dispensing?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So does this mean that people will now be complaining about burnt, old, etc coffee? One of the pluses about Nescafe was that it was simple, just like soda, and required minimal attention from CMs. So even though it may not have been the best, it was a consistent product. So will they now have to be constantly swapping out pots in the AM rush? And then remembering to keep it fresh and rotated throughout the day? Or does Joffreys have some other form of no worry coffee dispensing?

NesCafe consistently bad but being reliable is hardly an excuse to keep it around. That theory would explain why Disney has problems keeping attractions maintained if there is no hope or expectation for CM's and management to be able to have coffee available for guests.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is going to be interesting to see how they do this. As you pointed out, Nescafe was a coffee syrup added to hot water. It was crap, but at least it was consistent crap. I think the best way for them to do it is with unheated, sealed, insulated carafes. The coffee maker I have at home uses one of these and it will keep coffee hot and fresh for a good 6 hours. For the morning rush I do not see a way around them not having at least one person per food court whose sole job it is to keep the machines full.

Mickey_777

I had a (non-Starbucks) Caramel Macchiato at DL back in December and it was as good as any espresso drink I've had at the green mermaid. I'm guessing that was Joffrey's? If so then it looks like better java drinking days are ahead at WDW along with the Starbucks locations. Good stuff.

Biff215

Definitely welcome news. Just don't tell Disney we are so happy about it or they will jack up the price of the mugs!

Not sure if it was Joffrey's, but I had coffee at Epcot near Energy last week. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the standard Nescafe, and it was pretty good. Looking forward to this during our next trip in the summer!

prberk

Joffreys currently operates a couple of the kiosks around World Showcase, they have the Epcot kiosk near to the monorail, the TTC kiosks, the Animal Kingdom kiosks at the main entrance, the Tower of Terror kiosk at the Studios, Contemporary Lobby and probably a couple more that I am missing. They also provide the coffee for the signature restaurants.

I thought that was it in the Contemporary lobby. I knew that it was not a Disney location. The coffee was good. I hope that they will be selling it through the Disney system with Disney employees, and not further outsourcing.

I wonder if they will provide the real 100% Kona coffee (and beans to take home) at the Kona Cafe also? That is a staple for the Polynesian experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom