Joe Rohde on how Avatar fits within Disney's Animal Kingdom

rushtest4echo

How'd I know that the first response to this would be someone taking a shot at Joe's situation. What a tabloid mess... Is anyone really happier knowing the sordid innuendo? I mean, I lurked around here for over a decade before posting because it was a great source of information about projects and upcoming WDW related stuff. Now, you have to sort through pages of garbage like the above to figure out what's actually important. Do you guys buy the National Enquirer and Sun at the supermarket?

Anyway as stated in another thread. Good for Joe, I know he's proud of this project and it'll be interesting to see what he reveals in future videos. I'm still a bit fuzzy on the story details, but what's in the land physically is a world beater.

twebber55

How'd I know that the first response to this would be someone taking a shot at Joe's situation. What a tabloid mess...

Anyway as stated in another thread. Good for Joe, I know he's proud of this project and it'll be interesting to see what he reveals in future videos. I'm still a bit fuzzy on the story details, but what's in the land physically is a world beater.
i get the sense that people are under selling the scale and beauty of this project
have you seen the land lit up at night yet?

rushtest4echo

Much of it, but there's still lots to do.

I'm shocked someone with a drone hasn't just gone over there at 10 PM. I know it's a violation and I'm not advocating for it, but given the lengths some people go to I'm really surprised that nobody's done it.

It's only 1/2 a mile from an off-property Target parking lot for crying out loud! ;)

AshaNeOmah

I'm shocked someone with a drone hasn't just gone over there at 10 PM. I know it's a violation and I'm not advocating for it, but given the lengths some people go to I'm really surprised that nobody's done it.

It's only 1/2 a mile from an off-property Target parking lot for crying out loud! ;)

1.5 miles from Target and 1 mile from Chuy's. There should be some illegal drone video!

jaxonp

AK is so incredible. Now if only they could add a few more attractions and it might be able to rival any Disney Park on the planet. Even that incredible one over in Tokyo... Give it like 2-3 more E-tickets and another few restaurants and then it's a conversation... AK has all the bones.. literally.

180º

Joe's explaining why I never thought Avatar was thematically inappropriate for Animal Kingdom. "Pandora: The World of Avatar" is basically saying the same thing Beastlie Kingdomme would have said, which is you can learn about the real world from the fables of a fictitious world.

However, if you take issue with the IP itself or the fact that Animal Kingdom now devotes an entire land to an IP, that's a fair criticism. Personally, I see much more validity in this over the other Disney single-IP lands.

the.dreamfinder

How'd I know that the first response to this would be someone taking a shot at Joe's situation. What a tabloid mess... Is anyone really happier knowing the sordid innuendo? I mean, I lurked around here for over a decade before posting because it was a great source of information about projects and upcoming WDW related stuff. Now, you have to sort through pages of garbage like the above to figure out what's actually important. Do you guys buy the National Enquirer and Sun at the supermarket?

Please, the reason people love Joe, and the work he has done, is his passion and sincerity. In fact, sincerity is at the heart of Disney. The GotG video shows a man uncomfortable with the work he has led because it is insincere. It's fair to take potshots at Disney for their increasingly bifurcated levels of quality. They need to build their future on sincerity and doing what's right for their properties, as seen with Avatar and, to a degree, Star Wars.

Last edited:

Disney6166

I'm sure the 2 rides and the land will be great and enhance AK. But this notion that Disney thinks it is a symbiotic land between nature, your thoughts, and your future memoties is a load of crap. Avatar is a movie, plain and simple is about one group of species trying to kill off another group of species for what they have. In the real world we call this genocide. It is one of the most violent movies ever made, has everyone forgotten that? So, Disney puts Joe out there to talk about the relationship between nature and you making future memories going on this ride? What a load of crap. The only memory I have is how long this movie was and how many people died.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Tour helicopter rides are not that expensive which is why sites have been doing quite a few aerial videos and photos of the land recently.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I love this guy.

Very interesting video. Nice little peaks at the land too. Awaiting detailed screenshots and overlays from the talented folks on this forum!

I wonder if there's going to be a guide for Pandora- like the walking trail guides that are laminated and at the entrance to the trail/area describing what they're (guests) looking at throughout the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom