Joe Robert Cole to Pen Black Panther Movie for Marvel

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
BlackPantherBanner.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...o-pen-black-panther-movie-for-marvel#/slide/1

TheWrap brings word that filmmaker Joe Robert Cole (Amber Lake) is in talks to write the script for Marvel’s upcoming Black Panther movie. Cole and Marvel Studios previously worked together, as a report last year revealed that he had written a draft of Marvel’s Inhumans feature, set for release on July 12, 2019. A previous draft of the Black Panther movie script was written by Mark Bailey.

A director has yet to be chosen for the project following director Ava DuVernay’s reveal that she had turned down the opportunity. The outlet notes that Straight Outta Compton filmmaker F. Gary Gray was in contention, but Gray is now in talks to direct Furious 8, making the availability of the position “wide open.”

Chadwick Boseman is set to star as the title hero in Black Panther, which is set for release on July 6, 2018. It’s unclear what other characters will appear in the film, though Andy Serkis’ Ulysses Klaw, who made his debut in Avengers: Age of Ultron, could appear as the pair have already allegedly crossed paths in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Boseman will make his debut as the character in Captain America: Civil War, slated to debut in theaters May 6, 2016.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Director Ryan Coogler talking about Black Panther
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/17/ryan-coogler-black-panther-most-personal-movie

“It’s a specific challenge,” Coogler said. “What Marvel’s doing, and what you see a lot of studios doing now that Marvel has done it so successfully, is making content that exists in a particular universe, where the characters tie in and crossover, and I think that’s a great creative challenge to me — to make this movie as personal as possible. It’s going to be my most personal movie to date, which is crazy to say, but it’s completely the case. I’m obsessed with this character and this story right now, and I think it’s going to be very unique and still fit into the overall narrative that they’re establishing. I grew up as a comic book fan, and the same things used to happen in the comic books. You’d have Wolverine’s books, and they’d be so much darker and more brutal than the X-Men books, but they’d still fit in when you open the pages of the X-Men book. It’s new to movies, but it’s not new to storytelling.”

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Great cast!

Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.

IMG_0511.jpg

Last edited:

jensenrick

Now THIS is exciting!

Have you seen that video tease that just came out, with BP riding on top of a car as it speeds down the road? Getting lots of buzz I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom