Joe Rhode in Animal Kingdom now...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Aren't they supposed to be wearing a swim diaper? Joe Rodeo should know better.

Exactly, he does know better, he just doesn't care and power has his its privileges! It is the CM's responsibility to stop guests from doing things like playing in the fountains. If CMs don't they are in trouble. Management is supposed to lead by example not put CMs in a no win situation. How would a CM then stop the next guest from doing the same? Low level CMs are powerless in situations like this. And yes, unless mini guests are in Real splash area they are also required to be in clothing. The dress code requires all guests even babies to have clothing beyond undergarments (diapers, underwear, or training pants.)

Guests don't have to follow Rhode around, he is one of those people purposely that stands out in a crowd and tends to draw attention to himself. His appearance is very distinctive and commands attention. It isn't a criticism he is just flashy. Other management tends to blend, trying not to make themselves an attraction. Any park fan like us would likely notice him without stalking him. I can't fault the guest for noticing and filming the behavior, it is rather enlightening insight to the egos of the creative management staff.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
And can we all learn how to spell people's names? Joe Rohde ... and, another one, John Lasseter ... and even Bob Iger. Not that tough.

Alas, with Kathy Magnum on board, I think the odds of Rhode getting his way just evaporated. Kathy Maggum's sole interest is overseeing Av'land, her career is linked with the succes of that one, not with cleaning up the six year old mess of Rodeh.

Now you're just trying to annoy WDW1974 on purpose! :D

The Empress Lilly

Now you're just trying to annoy WDW1974 on purpose! :D
I see how that may appear to be the case! But no, correlation does not mean causation. Our posts both are simply two independent results of wonder over the constant misspelling of the name Joe Rohte. :oops:

/Dyslexey's Aminal Kigndom.

WDW1974

Joe is on the executive level which is far from a manager at Walmart.

Why? Why me? Why? What did I do in my prior lives?!?!

Seriously, do you think I would ever compare Joe to actually being a manager at a Walmart? The point was that he is lead creative exec of DAK and is there very frequently. Often on a daily basis. That's not an unusual thing.

WDW1974

Technically, Joe's above Kathy in the exec ranks, but they have different roles. WDI's incredibly convoluted. Kathy's a producer, while Joe is primarily design based - which is why AK is so incredibly detailed and art designed. He does oversee projects as a Sr VP within WDI, and Animal Kingdom is still his baby, with Avatar falling under his realm. Kathy's overseeing FL as her main role now for WDI, overseeing multiple high profile projects, as Exec Producer/EVP of attraction and resort development (FL).

Great explanation. READ THIS PEEPS!

BrightImagine

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but aren't the Dinosaur reflecting pools all gone/covered by planters? For the specific reason that people were going in them?

JungleTrekFan

This image kinda shows that now there are planters along the edges of the reflection pond to deter people from playing in it.
2011-12-13+Dinosaur+AK.JPG

Why people ever wanted to play in 1 cm deep water in the middle of AK i will never know, but they did resolve the issue. Maybe Joe was trying to make a point to other execs to change the pond so that what he was doing, wouldn’t happen :rolleyes:

Alektronic

This image kinda shows that now there are planters along the edges of the reflection pond to deter people from playing in it.
2011-12-13+Dinosaur+AK.JPG

Why people ever wanted to play in 1 cm deep water in the middle of AK i will never know, but they did resolve the issue. Maybe Joe was trying to make a point to other execs to change the pond so that what he was doing, wouldn’t happen :rolleyes:

The problem wasn't kids playing in it, it was kids using it as a toilet. Then they would have to drain it, clean it, and refill it and they started doing it more often so they just closed it off.

CBOMB

It really isn't newsworthy when the lead creative for a park is seen in that park. ... Kinda like seeing the manager of your local Walmart in the Walmart.

And can we all learn how to spell people's names? Joe Rohde ... and, another one, John Lasseter ... and even Bob Iger. Not that tough.
Not the Joe Rhode spelling rant again. I remember when you chewed me out for that before. I cried for a week.

It's always newsworthy when there is a Joe Rohde sighting anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom