Jinx Of The Sphinx (Looking For Comments On Small Sample)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Hey everyone.

I have a brand new idea I would like to ask everyone to look at. Please tell me weather I should continue or redesign the idea.

Here goes.

The PreShow

The two big doors open and there your tour guide is. Very old. Yo think to yourself, "GOD this going to be BORING." as you walk in.

(Tour Guide) - In Egyptian mythology, there was a pharaoh. The pharoah worshipped the gods. Among them was the Sun God...

You aren't interested in what he is saying, it is so boring. Just look at all the exibits. AND THEN, a metal clank is hear iin another room and creepy music plays. Your tour guide and you rush over there to find a golden statue of the Sphinx on the floor. The guide places it on a countertop next to a sarcouphagus (sp?).

(Tour Guide) - Well, now the Sun God, who the Egypian believed controlled the sun...

As he continues babbling, he turns his back towards the crowd and the statue. ALL OF A SUDDEN, the statues eyes start to glow red. The eyes move around the room and stare each of you into the eye. The tour guide is babbling as usual.

Then the eyes focus on him. Just as he turns around, a green fire erupts around him and smoke covers him. And evil and twisted laugh is heard. A few seconds later the guide is gone leaving only the Sphinx and you.

The doors on the otherside open and inside a CM earges you in. He looks like a young tour guide. Inside, a portal is created with the Sphinx laughing wickedly again. Thru special effects, you are transported to Egypt. You enter the boarding station and your Egyptian tour boats.

Well, what did you guyys think? I need opinions, should I finish it or not? Should I tone it down, what should I do? Thanks A Lot.

- The WeirdOne :fork:

Tigggrl

Definately sounds cool! I like the idea...would be a great addition to World Showcase. Make the building look like a Pyramid...:) OH! And I think the Sun God i named Ra...I am nt sure, would have to watch the Mummy again...LOL
Great idea! Great imagination! Keep going:)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
No, I have most of the ride planned. The outside will look like the British museum only CREEPIER. Well, I will most likely finish it and then move onto Indiana Jones - The Temple Of Zeus. But, that's a whole 'nother story. Well, Thanks for the comments, but I need a few more just to see if any negative things come out of this. I don't want to make a ride where the hildren ask, "Did the old man in the glasses die mommy." You know?

- The WeirdOne :D

Chad

I like it WeirdOne :) but you need to tellus what's going to happen IN the ride!
And please..Change the name..

The Mom

Premium Member
WeirdOne, you might want to do a little more research on the Sphinx, along with Egyptian gods, etc., and incorporate that mythology into your design. The Sphinx was the creature that asked you riddles...if you couldn't answer, bye-bye. ;) I think you're on the right track, it just needs a little more detail. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom