Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! announced for nov/dec on MDE

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Didn't they have to end this show half-way through December last year because it was so bad? o_O

Oh my bad, In the original thread it was reported The Star Wars Fireworks and This show where both running dec 16th to dec 31th.

I wish there was any news for Star Bright (The holiday drone show in Disney Springs), If they do it this year.

Correct, during the peak holiday weeks they ran both shows but this was planned.

It is my understanding that the show will be a bit different this year than last.

I was talking to a DHS park manager last year. She explained that they originally replaced Galactic Fireworks with BAM! rather than have both in the same night because they didn't have enough time to reload the fireworks. However, they did manage a way to figure out how to reload in an hour, so, they started to run both the same night.

No Name

Will this replace one of the two current projection shows for the holiday season? Or are they going with the trifecta?

I am Timmy

Has this been officially announced? I can't find it anywhere, curious to see if it will be running the nights I have planned in HS.

Kman101

I liked it, my girlfriend loved it, not sure why there's so much hate? Because they offered a desert party which no one was forced to buy into and still see the show? Makes no sense to me.

Because some thought "bam" meant the show needed more fireworks. (Edit: as seen above by a few posters .... guess a show sucks because it doesn't have enough fireworks). BAM had nothing to do with fireworks ... That was some of the complaints I seem to recall. I didn't see the show myself so I can't comment on the quality of it. Didn't sound as bad as some made it out to be and sounds like they're changing it a bit for this year.

Disney-Trains

Are they going to be able to do high level pyro for the show? Star Wars is at super bare bones when it comes to anyrhing from the launch site. No larger shells at all.

I liked jingle bam enough to see it multiple times. I didn't love it but it was a nice enough show.

Disneyson

It really is too bad this is returning. The plot is very bad, the pyro levels are very low, and it takes you right out of the moment by announcing that you are in a theme park several times through it's run. It does not help this park's identity crisis, and does not allow you to "lose yourself" in emotion like most other entertainment in Disney World currently does. It's flashy in a Vegas "look at me" sort of way, with a weak sugar-glass frame with which they hang special laser effects and IP like ton-pound ornaments.

nickys

Premium Member
I liked it, my girlfriend loved it, not sure why there's so much hate? Because they offered a desert party which no one was forced to buy into and still see the show? Makes no sense to me.

I think it got a lot of hate because it initially replaced the Star Wars show, which a lot of people were hoping to see. People plan their trips ages in advance and then to be told that SW isn't happening is pretty disappointing. It was really late on when they announced Star Wars would also run, as in about a week or so before it started. In the end it worked out great for because SW fans could see their show early and still see Fantasmic, but that only happened for a coup,e of weeks. A lot of international visitors also had no idea who the characters were (I still don't).

Sunset7132

Original Poster
It really is too bad this is returning. The plot is very bad, the pyro levels are very low, and it takes you right out of the moment by announcing that you are in a theme park several times through it's run. It does not help this park's identity crisis, and does not allow you to "lose yourself" in emotion like most other entertainment in Disney World currently does. It's flashy in a Vegas "look at me" sort of way, with a weak sugar-glass frame with which they hang special laser effects and IP like ton-pound ornaments.
Wow I saw video on you tube it didn't look quite as awful as you are describing , it's Disney , I'm sure they will work on it it's a holiday show , Bah humbug much lately lol

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Because this crapfest of a show replaced the Osborne Lights perhaps and its obvious to everyone that Disney is no longer even trying to put on a good show.

And logically as long as the gates keep clicking at the same rate why should Disney spend the money for great shows if the customers dont care.

ABQ

Because this crapfest of a show replaced the Osborne Lights perhaps and its obvious to everyone that Disney is no longer even trying to put on a good show.

And logically as long as the gates keep clicking at the same rate why should Disney spend the money for great shows if the customers dont care.
Well ok then.

peter11435

Wrong. Star Wars land (that actually is getting built) replaced the Osborne Lights. A small distinction but does make a huge difference.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wrong. Star Wars land (that actually is getting built) replaced the Osborne Lights. A small distinction but does make a huge difference.

Yes the SoA had to go for SWL, yet there was no reason Disney could not have redecorated Sunset Blvd with a new and equally impressive holiday light show. Or created Lights of Winter 2.0 in EPCOT.

Instead Disney rolls out this crapfest, Logical because the guests keep coming no matter what Disney cuts, But still a vast downgrade

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom