Jimmy Fallon Ride

lazyboy97o

This was announced on national TV by a major star on TV highest rated show in it's time slot.

You guys are crazy to think they tried to bury this because they are embarrassed about. That truly is crazy talk. And the concept of them doing an hour on network TV based around announcing a D Ticket. SMH.

Burying something in the news cycle is what Disney attempted with the AP increase. It was announced via a simple update on their website at midnight in the middle of the weekend.
It didn't need an hour, just some sense of excitement from the star.

stargrl33

It will probably be better than that awful Drew Carey thing at Hollywood Studios. This whole thing actually makes me wonder if there are higher ups at both companies just playing a prank on us, going back and forth creating attractions based around comedians...

Tom Morrow

I'm a little conflicted. On one hand, it's exciting that it's actually going to be a ride, I thought it would be some sort of interactive show. On the other hand, its yet another 3D motion simulator ride. I don't think the space is even big enough to house anything but something like Despicable Me. So I'd almost rather have had this be a show attraction.

Last edited:
I with hold judgement until more information about this attraction is given. I do not think this will use the same tech as Forbidden journey. Fallon was doing a lot of hype and what little info out side of the ride name and release year sound like pure fluff.

The Tuna

I'll miss Twister. Like the original Kong, I thought it was some of Uni's best work in creating an environment.

Have to agree to an extent. very cool technology and the show was well done. Haven't experienced it in about 5 trips though as it's wow factor dies after a while. Original Kong was amazing. Really miss it even though Mummy is one of my favorite rides around.

This new attraction sounds horrible. Would love to be wrong though.

AmUK

Not at all concerned about the theming - but am concerned it's another screen based (possible motion simulator) attraction.

It really dilutes other good screen attractions when you literally have motion simulator after motion simulator. In this area alone, you're going to have Shrek, Despicable Me, and Transformers, now this.

If anything i thought Twister was a very good attraction, albeit a little dated. They have an updated version of this in Singapore - which is a lot better than the Twister show in Orlando.

Don't universal have some link with NBC? It would explain the Tonight Show link.

Furthermore on the rite, if it's just a static screen and you sit there then that would be terrible. If it's something like Soarin' then we can actuall rejoice.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not at all concerned about the theming - but am concerned it's another screen based (possible motion simulator) attraction.

It really dilutes other good screen attractions when you literally have motion simulator after motion simulator. In this area alone, you're going to have Shrek, Despicable Me, and Transformers, now this.

If anything i thought Twister was a very good attraction, albeit a little dated. They have an updated version of this in Singapore - which is a lot better than the Twister show in Orlando.

Don't universal have some link with NBC? It would explain the Tonight Show link.

Furthermore on the rite, if it's just a static screen and you sit there then that would be terrible. If it's something like Soarin' then we can actuall rejoice.

NBC and Universal are both owned by Comcast.

FigmentForver96

I like the idea, and like all rides, I wont bash it until it opens. Yet I wish they would use a new system by now. Something totally different would be great, especially for this building. I feel like a Jimmy Fallon attraction could have replaced Terminator if they wanted to keep it screen base and use Twister for something different.

On a side note, as unpopular as Twister was, it was one of those rides that made the park what it was. It was original and a little aged but cool nevertheless. Will be sad to see it go.

OliveMcFly

I was confused when I heard this and I feel it's just a filler until they can think of something great to put in that space.
Before the Murder She Wrote building was torn down there were rumors of an SNL Museum which sounded great. I think that with the extra space in the old Nick Studios they could do a museum of old Nick shows. Maybe they can have rotating exhibits showcasing the history of the park and NBC.

StageFrenzy

I'm a little conflicted. On one hand, it's exciting that it's actually going to be a ride, I thought it would be some sort of interactive show. On the other hand, its yet another 3D motion simulator ride. I don't think the space is even big enough to house anything but something like Despicable Me. So I'd almost rather have had this be a show attraction.
With the queue and preshow area I think it has a bigger footprint than you think. You would have to ask someone like @marni1971 though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom