Jimmy Fallon Ride

Mike C

The "average guest" line is just an excuse to try and justify junk. If they really thought the public would be eating this up it wouldn't have been a tiny announcement at 11:40 at night. Even within the show it was more of a chore to be done than a big deal.

Jason Surrell being involved isn't going to win a lot of people over.

Not average guests, guests that wouldn't have come otherwise with Fallon fans (particularly female) Big difference. Average guests won't care one way or the other.

A brief barely mention at the beginning of The Tonight Show is not the only alternative to a blog post. At the very least there could have been a little pomp and circumstance during the show. The whole announcement came across as more of chore to be done quickly than something exciting.

Announcing it on the top rated night time show, which is it's target audience is more than most projects get, even large ones -- Kong and Diagon Alley didn't even get that at initial announcement time.

They save all the fanfare stuff until grand opening, it's a safe bet Fallon will be down in Orlando for another week of shows when its open. Don't forget Fast and Furious and Volcano Bay are also opening up that year, and make note of the lack of IOA announcements for 2017 so far... that's going to change.

Also the facade around Christmas is going to be amazing.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

A brief barely mention at the beginning of The Tonight Show is not the only alternative to a blog post. At the very least there could have been a little pomp and circumstance during the show. The whole announcement came across as more of chore to be done quickly than something exciting.
Yeah, it looked as if Jimmy didn't really care too much about it and it was just something he had to do. If they really wanted to make a big deal about it on the show they would've and they would've made a huge deal about an announcement in promos. But they didn't.

It honestly seemed more like a "is he serious or was that just a bit?" moment.

champdisney

I'll give Fallon the benefit of a doubt here as he seemed willing to reveal some cool things about the attraction. It's Universal being tight lipped. It would've been neat if the entire episode was based on the announcement though. With some of the creative heads as guests while they show off art or concept footage. Oh well, maybe when we get closer to the opening date.

JediMasterMatt

Maybe they can use some of the left over fur from the Kong AA they are making and use it for Fallon's hair piece?

Going to miss the Bill Paxton experience. Now Orlando will be down to only Sinise (*who could also benefit from any left over fur from Kong).

lazyboy97o

Not average guests, guests that wouldn't have come otherwise with Fallon fans (particularly female) Big difference. Average guests won't care one way or the other.
That is an even worse audience to pander to, and what was done hardly peaks curiosity.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
This was announced on national TV by a major star on TV highest rated show in it's time slot.

You guys are crazy to think they tried to bury this because they are embarrassed about. That truly is crazy talk. And the concept of them doing an hour on network TV based around announcing a D Ticket. SMH.

Burying something in the news cycle is what Disney attempted with the AP increase. It was announced via a simple update on their website at midnight in the middle of the weekend.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This was announced on national TV by a major star on TV highest rated show in it's time slot.

You guys are crazy to think they tried to bury this because they are embarrassed about. That truly is crazy talk. And the concept of them doing an hour on network TV based around announcing a D Ticket. SMH.

Burying something in the news cycle is what Disney attempted with the AP increase. It was announced via a simple update on their website at midnight in the middle of the weekend.

My comment was more in reference to the fact that Fallon has been outed as a fall down drunk. And NBC is VERY worried about it.

CaptainAmerica

I'm predicting this won't suck.
It probably won't suck, but my bigger question is longevity. As others have mentioned, it feels short-sighted, like Kim Possible or Phineas and Ferb in Epcot, or Johnny Depp in Pirates.

On a grander scale, I think it's why using the Warner Brothers versions of the Potter characters was a mistake, just like I think it would be a mistake to use Robert Downey Junior in any Iron Man attraction.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
It probably won't suck, but my bigger question is longevity. As others have mentioned, it feels short-sighted, like Kim Possible or Phineas and Ferb in Epcot, or Johnny Depp in Pirates.

On a grander scale, I think it's why using the Warner Brothers versions of the Potter characters was a mistake, just like I think it would be a mistake to use Robert Downey Junior in any Iron Man attraction.
But Universal has no problem ripping stuff out. If it's numbers drop, it's history.

Mike C

This ride sounds as if it is going to be exactly like Spiderman/Transformers and an identical ride vehicle. Not that those are bad rides, but too much of a good thing without variety is no longer a good thing and it lessens the greatness of the previously mentioned 2 rides.

Im hoping it's different, but I'm not betting on it.

Nope not even close to transformers, cloaser to soarin but with the advantage of kuka arm seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom