Jimmy Fallon Ride

KingOfEpicocity

With a really impressive queue/facade. Think Soarin' without the Snorin'. Fun/lighthearted parody of Soarin. Kong and F&F will have a good deal of physical stuff, though. And believe it or not Nintendo will be more physical than screen based. And the water park will probably be the best in Orlando.

Don't worry, most all of disney's upcoming attraction projects are primarily screen based. And all the new changes/additions this year are too, Soarin/TSMM are 100% screen based, and Frozen has a LOT of them. Avatar is mostly screen based, and so is star wars. The rest of Toy Story land won't be, but it's mostly exposed flat rides and a coaster.

I love how this simple question was turned into a "Disney has more screens and universal has """"physical sets"""" post. Especially since most of these attractions haven't opened yet.

JT3000

Valid point. Kind of like how they inexplicably clumped all three water rides together at IOA.

Considering how wet you get on Toon Lagoon's rides, I consider their close proximity a convenience. You don't have to traverse the entire park feeling like you just fell in a pool to get them both done and change clothes. Jurassic Park isn't that bad, and there's now a dry ride between them.

3D in the Studios is becoming a serious problem though.

KingOfEpicocity

Yep because its a bad misconception.

Isn't Kong, F&F and Fallon all to Include screens? And Nintendo can be as practical as it wants but I would highly doubt universal wouldn't put screens in those rides either. Of course I would like to see a depart but I don't know. At least Disney still makes screen free rides.

Oh wait excuse me, flight of the Hippogriff is a wonderful nonscreen ride ;)

KingOfEpicocity

Such as? I'll give you a hint- they've made one in the last 10 years- and even it still uses facial mapping and projection mapping in the cave walls- so if you want to have a truly "physical only" ride- it would be stitches great escape- 12 years ago- which itself if a reskin of a 21 year old "ride". So congratulations on stitch being your example.

And they added screens to its a small world.

Now shoo fly

I mean Carsland is a thing but alright.

KingOfEpicocity

Good point. I don't have high hopes for Fallon but who knows? Pandora could be very interesting but it has the price tag to go with it and it's not just an attraction it's a whole land. Those do not compare.

I'm a guy who looks for the C&D attractions, some are very good with not much of a line if any. I found the air guns that shoot the balls in the Curios George place, not sure what that part of Universal it is? I wandered in there with the kids and we had a good time for probably 30 minutes. Kids loved it.

so if you love C&Ds you must love NFL?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Such as? I'll give you a hint- they've made one in the last 10 years- and even it still uses facial mapping and projection mapping in the cave walls- so if you want to have a truly "physical only" ride- it would be stitches great escape- 12 years ago- which itself if a reskin of a 21 year old "ride". So congratulations on stitch being your example.

And they added screens to its a small world.

Now shoo fly
Even Stitch has four screens in the main showroom alone.
I mean Carsland is a thing but alright.
Not in Orlando. And, not that it matters as much, but the Cars AAs have screen eyes.
Hate to say but I don't care how it's done. It's just a matter of is it good or not? In my younger days and to a point now I have been involved in what goes on behind the scenes so to speak. What's important is what the customer thinks, unimportant how it's done.
My answer was in response to that loon's theory that FJ wasn't innovative. If we do wanna talk about ride quality, though, I would say that it's also my favorite ride ever been on.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

They really, really need to get off this 3D screen kick, or at least remove Terminator 2 3D and Shrek 4D and replace them with something non-screen based. T23D is outdated anyway and Shrek 4D is the worst attraction in Orlando.

I love Universal and I root for them over Disney these days, but the fact that all three rides under construction will be heavily 3D screen based is ridiculous and lazy.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They really, really need to get off this 3D screen kick, or at least remove Terminator 2 3D and Shrek 4D and replace them with something non-screen based. T23D is outdated anyway and Shrek 4D is the worst attraction in Orlando.

I love Universal and I root for them over Disney these days, but the fact that all three rides under construction will be heavily 3D screen based is ridiculous and lazy.
I just wanna see the Betty/Kitty store and the Shrek attraction (not the M&G) get bulldozed in favor of an all-ages Universal-specific dark ride. Uni's been very innovative in terms of thrill rides; I'd love to see what they would do with just one project for the whole family to serve as the flagship attraction of the front of the flagship park.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
USF is suffering from "EPCOT Center Syndrome". It's not that any of the attractions being built at USF are bad, but the similarities between them is noticeable and homoginizing the ride experiences crosses into mundane sameness.

This was the biggest complaint with EPCOT Center when it opened.

danpam1024

USF is suffering from "EPCOT Center Syndrome". It's not that any of the attractions being built at USF are bad, but the similarities between them is noticeable and homoginizing the ride experiences crosses into mundane sameness.

This was the biggest complaint with EPCOT Center when it opened.
That's a little harsh! It's nowhere near Epcot bad :/

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
When does the fall down drunk ride open? I want to live a day in the life of an overweight lush.

Last edited:

Jrn14

Wow... I feel like we are being a little dramatic here... I do agree I would welcome some new attractions that are less dependent on screens (which sounds like is in the pipeline) but the mere presence of a screen doesn't ruin my experience lol. Also Shrek 4D is not bad at all it's just old. I still think it's funny and holds up well... I wouldn't cry if it were to go but worst attraction in Orlando is pretty Harsh... (Stitch's Great Escape is still standing)

JassiSidhu2000

Need more phsyical experiences. That's why JAWS is so sorely missed. That was just such a perfect family ride.

It's also vital they keep ET (despite the ageing IP)... as it's one of the few physical experience rides they have.

JT3000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom