Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

NYwdwfan

CSR is our favourite resort, but the Poly is our Dream Resort. Mike thinks we should do three days/two nights here in March when we come down for Spring Training.

View attachment 227076 View attachment 227077 View attachment 227079 View attachment 227080 View attachment 227083

All up for consideration:
View attachment 227085 View attachment 227086 View attachment 227088 View attachment 227089

Except these.
View attachment 227090
I know I've said it multiple, multiple times, but I really miss that fountain.

PUSH

We only got here 10 hours ago. You haven't missed much.
The thread was started in August, and I was so confused and thought I had completely not paid attention to the dates you were down there. To be fair, I was skimming your posts (since I needed to get a bunch of stuff done before tomorrow, not because I don't like what you have to say), so that probably didn't help.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We came. We ate. We conquered.
IMG_6585.JPG
IMG_6586.JPG

There is some really grotty looking lettuce there. Mike ate that part.
IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG

Salad #2. I ate the whole thing.
IMG_6590.JPG

No chicken for me. I need to save room for steak and shrimp.
IMG_6591.JPG

One word. Yum.
IMG_6592.JPG

Can you really get all choked up watching fireworks from a restaurant? Apparently yes.
IMG_6594.JPG
IMG_6596.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
After dinner (where I ate a lot, but not too much; can't speak for my better half), we hopped on the monorail.

IMG_6601.JPG
IMG_6602.JPG

In the space of < 90 minutes, we knocked out four classic dark rides.
IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6606.JPG

Pirates said a 10 minute wait - more like 20.
IMG_6607.JPG

Happy to report that the leaky boats appear to no longer be an issue.
IMG_6631.jpg

Did not buy this, but thought it was clever.
IMG_6610.JPG

Mike did buy this, as he was kicking himself that he didn't get it last year. (I'm thinking they didn't have his size, but I may be making that up.)
IMG_6611.JPG
IMG_6612.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
After PoC, we headed to HM. Posted wait was 10 minutes; we walked right into the stretching room.
Not a single picture turned out. I'm not sure why I bother.

Next up, Peter Pan. I love this ride. It's classic. It's simple. It's a fun ride system. Also, first time ever through the extended queue, so that was interesting.

IMG_6617.JPG
IMG_6618.JPG

Mike trying to catch butterfly shadows.
IMG_6619.JPG
IMG_6620.JPG

IaSW. We practically had the ride to ourselves. Completely empty boats both in front of and behind us.
IMG_6621.JPG
IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6624.JPG

This is my favourite room because of all the colours.
IMG_6627.JPG

We're famous!
IMG_6629.JPG

It was 11:05 when we got off that ride, and the park was closing.
We were able to cut through the castle and see the beautiful mosaics.
IMG_6630.JPG

krisri18

CSR is our favourite resort, but the Poly is our Dream Resort. Mike thinks we should do three days/two nights here in March when we come down for Spring Training.

View attachment 227076 View attachment 227077 View attachment 227079 View attachment 227080 View attachment 227083

All up for consideration:
View attachment 227085 View attachment 227086 View attachment 227088 View attachment 227089

Except these.
View attachment 227090
Love the Stitch and Scrump sharing Dole Whip picture! Is that new? Definitely haven't seen that one before!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm up. All caught up on Irma, and all my FB friends and family telling me to "be safe".

The alarm isn't set to go off for a bit, but I'm thinking I might try and do something with my hair and go get coffee. It's gorgeous out right now. If we were smart, we'd make the most of it before the rain comes this afternoon. (One of us IS smart. The other is snoring.)

He really hates this car. I say it's good practice for 7DMT later this morning.
IMG_6568.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom