Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

75disney

Here's what I didn't buy, even though I wanted one of each:

View attachment 229561 View attachment 229562 View attachment 229563 View attachment 229564

If I had more desk space in my office, I would have bought these:
View attachment 229565 View attachment 229566 View attachment 229567
Those dresses are adorable. I saw a girl wearing one in Disneyland for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought, "Wow! She is really good at making her own clothes. Disney should sell stuff like that." Turns out they do! I need to order that trivet for my kitchen.

Songbird76

I asked if the Vader socks were available in large. She vaguely said, "I'm not sure if we have any right now." (No, "let me check.")

I asked who a particular character was. She said, "I don't know, I don't follow Star Wars." (At $20 - $28/pair, you need to know your inventory! It was Governor Tarkin, BTW.)

As I was about to ask her about ordering the Vader socks in large (to go with the the Stormtrooper, R2D2, Luke Skwalker socks I already had in my hands), another man had walked in and commented to his wife, "Oh look, they have (whoever the sports guy was) socks."

No "Excuse me, I'll be right back" or anything; she just overheard a comment that interested her and flitted away.

I am in sales. Have worked for the same company since 1989. Not to brag (you've heard me admit I am a terrible cook, a lousy housekeeper, can't park to save my life), but I am very, very good at my job. I don't sell clothing, mind you; but the concept is the same.

When the guy didn't buy the "blah blah blah" socks and left, the salesgirl returned to her sales partner to continue their chat and never came back to inquire if I needed any more help. One by one, I replaced the 6 or 7 pairs I had in my hand at this point, and we left.

Done with Stance.
OH!!! I read it the first time as the guy said to his wife who it was and the WIFE ran over to him, not the salesgirl, so I was trying to figure out how he featured. Now I get it. You are nicer than I would have been....I wouldn't have replaced all the socks. I'd have just set them down and left and let her do her job. Perhaps if I was feeling REALLY sassy, I would have thrown in a well-timed Pretty Woman reference, though she probably doesn't work on commission. Unacceptable behavior on her part.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I asked if the Vader socks were available in large. She vaguely said, "I'm not sure if we have any right now." (No, "let me check.")

I asked who a particular character was. She said, "I don't know, I don't follow Star Wars." (At $20 - $28/pair, you need to know your inventory! It was Governor Tarkin, BTW.)

As I was about to ask her about ordering the Vader socks in large (to go with the the Stormtrooper, R2D2, Luke Skwalker socks I already had in my hands), another man had walked in and commented to his wife, "Oh look, they have (whoever the sports guy was) socks."

No "Excuse me, I'll be right back" or anything; she just overheard a comment that interested her and flitted away.

I am in sales. Have worked for the same company since 1989. Not to brag (you've heard me admit I am a terrible cook, a lousy housekeeper, can't park to save my life), but I am very, very good at my job. I don't sell clothing, mind you; but the concept is the same.

When the guy didn't buy the "blah blah blah" socks and left, the salesgirl returned to her sales partner to continue their chat and never came back to inquire if I needed any more help. One by one, I replaced the 6 or 7 pairs I had in my hand at this point, and we left.

Done with Stance.
2 things.
1, sure it wasn't Grand Moff Tarquin?
B, you were far more restaimed than i would have been. I would have dumped the socks i had already picked up in completely the wrong place before leaving.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I agree with some of the others here - I would probably have left the socks by the cash register and made some over the shoulder comment about how I would have purchased them had I gotten assistance in a timely manner. And while such crappy service wouldn't surprise me where I live (most sales positions are not commission based, it would if I were in Florida.

Trisha Lynn

That is one malevolent looking watering can!

TBF, the Pooh in the picture after it looked a little menacing, too.

If we were at home, I would pick this up and chew it like a dog. I am that classy.

Or perhaps you're part Filipino? I would have dug into it with my hands, picking the meat off the bones and popping it into my mouth. Can you take resort restaurant food back to your room with you?

Apparently Morimoto and I have a different idea of what "fun with ducks" means.

"Ah do luv a duck dinnah."

Oh you silly, silly people at Stance. I came in here prepared to drop some bucks. Big bucks. And again, I didn't spend a dime. I was fully prepared to spend upwards of $200 on Star Wars socks for Christmas gifts.

In addition to the "Pretty Woman" shopping line, I would have said it directly to the person's manager, too.

How has your day so far been?

PacNWTigger

If you're looking for us in the parks today, I am wearing a plain white, peasant-y styled blouse.

View attachment 229303

And Mike ....
Mike is wearing this:
View attachment 229304 View attachment 229305 View attachment 229306
Sorry about the "like" overload, but I swear I'm almost all caught up!! I'm glad you guys weathered the storm so well, and thank you for all of the updates with the first hand look at everything.

I honestly LOL'd with this one. People at work know of my Disney addiction, but they always come looking when I giggle out loud. You made a lot of people smile with this one! :hilarious::D

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
No posts yet today, but I swear, we are here.
Banging out rides, left, right, and centre with @Eric1955.
Since 12:30 - SSE, Test Track (single rider), Mission: Space (Earth), Frozenstrom, Gran Fiesta (twice), the American Adventure, lunch, and some Food & Wine snacks.
The weather is holding up, the attractions are complete walk-ons.
IMG_8054.JPG
IMG_8055.JPG
IMG_8056.JPG
IMG_8060.JPG
IMG_8104.JPG

More to follow.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dinner at Via Napoli. Yum.
IMG_8156.JPG

I got the pepperoni pizza. I don't generally care that much for pizza, but this was just so good.
I ate half, and shared half with the boys.
IMG_8161.JPG

Eric's veal parm.
IMG_8162.JPG

Mike's veal parm.
IMG_8163.JPG

I forgot to take menu photos, so this was borrowed from the interwebz.
IMG_8172.JPG

My zeppole. I shared.
IMG_8164.JPG
IMG_8165.JPG

Eric's tiramisu.
IMG_8166.JPG

Mike's "ugly but good".
IMG_8167.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
After the American Adventure (where I cried, of course) and some libations, we stopped to watch some entertainment in Morocco, watched Impressions de France, and headed over to the Land.

IMG_8113.JPG

IMG_8115.JPG

IMG_8117.JPG

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

IMG_8122.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

We rode LwtL and Soarin' twice. We came out to some light rain and wicked lightning, and made a bee-line for Figment. Unfortunately, it was past 7:00, and it was closed.
IMG_8151.JPG

With still a bit of time to spend before our ADR's, we went to see O Canada again.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some random pics from today, as I wasn't so good with the "live" part.

Part 1:
A blurry Hidden Mickey in Gran Fiesta Tour.
IMG_8078.JPG

An idiot in Grand Fiesta Tour.
(He trailed his hand in the water for the bulk of the ride. First - eww!, and second - did you hear about that guy who lost his finger in Pirates?)
IMG_8080.JPG

Norway:
IMG_8083.JPG
IMG_8084.JPG

Not Norway:
IMG_8086.JPG

Germany:
IMG_8087.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG

The AA:
IMG_8091.JPG
IMG_8090.JPG

IMG_8092.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom