Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
24 individually double-wrapped water bottles, encased three at a time in Ziploc freezer bags, adds 28 lbs! to your luggage weight.

Our one bag weighed in at 48.4 lbs, and the other at 52.0. The very kind lady waived it through when she heard it was water.

On the plus side, I have a heck of a lot of weight I can bring back. And I'm not talking about Disney Dining weight.

Our plane is here. :)

IMG_6459.JPG

G8rchamps

Sometimes I love Fastpass Plus. Sometimes I hate it. Either way, it's here, and I use it. It has certainly changed the way we tour the parks, that's for sure.

Our plane arrives at MCO just after 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, 9/6. As always, we've rented a car, so should be at the resort before noon. Last year, our Preferred King room was ready and we checked in and unpacked before hitting the parks. Last year's room ended up being an accessible room. Won't do that again. The bed was very low. I have a bad hip, and had trouble getting out of it. Mike is all of 6' 8" and felt like he was sleeping in a toddler bed.

We have three FP's booked for Epcot in the early afternoon. MS: Green, Spaceship Earth, and Frozenstrom. We're planning on having lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Magic 8-Ball says pork chops and strawberry shortcake, times two.

I am thrilled that they've eliminated the QSR dessert, as so few of them are worth eating. Sunshine Seasons and Kringla are notable exceptions for me. I loves me some School Bread. These guys, not so much:

View attachment 225501

After Epcot, we will head to MK, or back to CSR, if our room had not been ready.

Dinner for tonight is at Skipper's Canteen. This is new for both of us. If anyone has eaten here, we are definitely looking for recommendations. Mike eats pretty much anything. I've been known to be a little picky, but not obnoxiously so.

Tonight is definitely our night to see Happily Ever After. I am so excited for this. While I loved Wishes (we made a special trip to the Poly in March to see it from the beach one last time), it was definitely time for a change. We ate at 'Ohana that night, so I left it off of our list for this trip; something I am still regretting.
Hey - I think I saw those guys in Norway on Sunday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom