Trip Report JenniferS Is Live - 9/7/16 - 9/17/16

Hi, my name is JenniferS, and I am a Disneyholic. I have been accused of being a Pixie Dust snorter. I've been accused of worse, so no biggie.

Once we get home from a Disney trip, I am always in a bit of a funk, and never really up to doing a proper trip report. For those of you who know me, I generally post live over in Chit Chat somewhere. This is my first dedicated live trip report in the actual Trip Report Thread.

The cast:
Me. JenniferS. Just turned 49. Honestly friends, I don't know how that happened. I still feel 27. But, my passport and driver's licence insist I was born in 1967, and I have two 20-something sons, so it must be true.

This is me, on my way to work this morning. All smiles, because this is my last day of work for almost two weeks!
image.jpeg

And this is Hubby. He is not on his way to work today, as he has been off work for 6 months. He is 48 years old and this is the first entire summer he has had off since he was 14. In 31 years together, this is only the second time I have seen him with a tan.

Goofy is his favourite character.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And last year, he was obsessed with this over-sized "Stitchie". There was no room in our luggage, but this year, I am determined to buy it for him, and bring it home by any means necessary. Actually, I'm just going to bring our big SouthWest duffel bag, and pay for an extra bag coming home.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This will be our first Disney trip, just the two of us, since 1992! :jawdrop:

Okay, that's the Who.
Coming up next - the Where.

Uncle Lupe

What a great trip. Disney Springs looks beautiful. Didn't understand Ski was a person at first. Here it is a soft drink that used to be bottled 8 miles / km?? down the road.

Staying up late watching my Buckeyes and got to the end and saw you still posting. Was glad to live vicariously to fancy dinners that are not in my budget.
Your last signature meal total was $1over my house payment.:eek:

Do you prefer the live TR or post trip TR?

Last edited:

Nemo14

Fabulous trip report. I'm able to relive so many attractions we didn't take pic's of. My DD will likely snarf some of yours for the memories.
We did spot you guys multiple, multiple times throughout our trip, often on the same attractions (your hubby kinda helps that all) but they are not so much into meeting people they don't know and lack the understanding of our forums so I knew not to intrude. Glad your guys had an awesome trip. I believe a first for us, ontime departure, early arrival, ontime return departure and arrival. We usually get hung by departure by MCO.

Admire your live report, awesome. My family would not have been nearly as patient with me, kudos to your hubby. :happy:
I've met many posters here and never been shy about saying hello if I recognize someone. Nice to have a face to put with them, and I've never been disappointed. DH thought I was nuts the first time, but now he enjoys meeting all my imaginary friends.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
What a great trip. Disney Springs looks beautiful. Didn't understand Ski was a person at first. Here it is a soft drink that used to be bottled 8 miles / km?? down the road.

Staying up late watching my Buckeyes and got to the end and saw you still posting. Was glad to live vicariously to fancy dinners that are not in my budget.
Your last signature meal total was $1over my house payment.:eek:

Do you prefer the live TR or post trip TR?
I'm usually too bummed, and too busy to do a post-trip report. Posting live (or within a few hours) allows you post more pics than you would if you had time to ask yourself "does anyone really want to see this?", and add commentary as it pops into your head.

There is still time within the next few days to add some in-depth reflection and my overall thoughts.

And yes, Ski is Son #2's nickname. (Son #1's nickname is just one letter off from his real name.)
Ski was part of last year's trip report, which was live in the Chit Chat section.

The Ski:
image.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hubby just stepped on the scale.
He weighs exactly what he weighed before we left.

I'm going to continue to delude myself that I too, weigh exactly the same. :joyfull:
No sense stepping on the scale and bursting that bubble. (Or accidentally breaking the scale.)

Donillary Crumpton

One last spin on the GMR. I wish they would keep this attraction, update it, and build the new Mickey attraction elsewhere
Likewise. I've always loved GMR, as it is a truly immersive attraction, and unique in it's usage of CM's & AA's to tell the story. It will be missed. :(

Great trip report. I enjoyed following along with you guys for all the fun.

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

The problem was that I had originally posted them in the wrong, totally unrelated thread, and thought I would be lazy and just cut and paste.
Looked good on my end here, so I figured y'all could see it too.

I think my brain got overheated yesterday.

Final verdict on our two Signature dinners - I've got Yachtsman back on top. Hubby is still firmly in the Narcoossee's camp.

If all other aspects of the meal are equal (and they pretty much were), then this:

View attachment 162861 View attachment 162862 View attachment 162863

trumps this:
View attachment 162864
Tease!!!! I LOVE the pull apart rolls. Next time I need to be in town longer so we can Yachtsman together!!! Marie

Donillary Crumpton

We did spot you guys multiple, multiple times throughout our trip, often on the same attractions (your hubby kinda helps that all) but they are not so much into meeting people they don't know and lack the understanding of our forums so I knew not to intrude.
Say howdy next time. Heck, whenever I'm in public, I'm always craving attention & keeping high hopes someone will recognize me. (Just look for someone slightly average, and borderline creepity).

Cheerio!
:D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Before heading to the airport, we stopped in again at the beautiful Disney Springs. I took a lot of pics of the Planet Hollywood/Observatory and posted them in that thread.

I won't bore you here with all the pics, but I will say this - I know it's Saturday, but I couldn't believe that there was not a soul working. I work for a residential builder, and we have various trades on site 7 days/wk. considering it's the first thing you see when exiting Garage Orange, you'd think they'd want this eyesore cleaned up pronto.]

These tend to be big name general contractors for these projects and known subcontractors, all of which are generally union. Saturday is a time and a half day which ramps up the costs. We saw how slowly Disney has moved with both FLE and Avatar year's even though both messed with the aesthetics of the rest of the area of the parks. I could see construction of Avatar as we approached on the bus and it was in plain view. FLE was holy rock build forever and even after it opened the Dwarf build continued in slow-mo in plain view. Cost seems to always override aesthetics with Disney Builds this century. Sad but a pattern. Pronto doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary.

Great photo's! :happy:

Desserts, neither of which were particularly good.
View attachment 162986

We thought the same thing about Earl's desserts as with Edo's.
At Earl we looked at them and went with the side salads. I have to say though our sandwiches (which I have non-uploaded yet pic's of) looked much better than what
@Tuvalu experienced. They were yummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom