Jealousy Of The Deluxe Resorters...

MKforReal

Original Poster
Yeah, that's right, I said it. I am jealous. I totally wish I had the cash for it. My life long dream has been to stay at the Grand Floridian. Maybe one day...in the very distant future. For now, all I can afford is a moderate hotel. I am thinking Port Orleans Riverside.

POR looks to be the nicest looking, in my opinion. It has the charm I am looking for, for sure. Only... It is so darn enormous! I'll have to rent a bike to get to the bus stop. (and I heard the bus system is atrocious) (Confirm/Deny). I would much rather take the monorail.

All you Deluxers... You've got it good. ;)

Disclaimer: This is not really a rant more than a tease. I have a weird sense of humor that burdens me and I hate that I have to explain myself most of the time but in order for people not to think I'm an A**, it is a must. =D Carry on.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There are sights where you can rent points for a dvc for around the price of por I've stayed at por many times bus stops are not an issue. There are also bridges to cross the river. The resort is laid out much better than cs or cb. While I have stayed at several deluxe resorts I still love por. Monorails are meh,, I found them better going to Mk than returning and having to transfer at TTC a pain in route to Epcot. Bus simpler. Now the boat launches to resorts at Mk are nice but at times you must wait 2 or 3 boats. All transportation has issues even cars.

zurgandfriend

It's a slippery slope, we stayed at a moderate for our first trip in 1994, Dixie Landing/POR and it was nice but Wilderness Lodge was brand new and we said "next year we're staying there." Once we went deluxe we never wanted to stay anything but deluxe. Now we only stay on the monorail, DW &DS won't stay anywhere else.

surfsupdon

When we had our first Deluxe stay, up from a Moderate, we instantly became Deluxe snobs as well. Yacht Club & BoardWalk all the way! (Do not care much for the monorail Resorts.)

Disney did a good job selling us too. Caribbean Beach was all we stayed...then they offered my dad a rate at Yacht for 184/night (when CBR was shut down after 9/11) and we never returned to Moderates. We will find an AP rate or book a bounceback room only offer. When all else fails, Swan teacher rate.

Jonathan Woolf

We are from the United Kingdom and only ever stayed at Value Resorts before but we had a major amount of PPI returned to us this year so as a present to my gorgeous son who got into Cambridge and my stunning wife who I am in awe of still after 22 years of marriage we are staying at the Grand Floridian this summer for 3 glorious weeks - cannot believe how lucky we are and all this after the trickiest of years - we shall remember this experience for a lifetime I am sure. Apparently staying in an outer building room with a theme park view so should be intriguing - hopefully it won't be too formal and we can still have "fun" in these luxurious surroundings and still be our silly selves - thanks for reading all x Jonathan Kate and Alexander

PolynesianPrincess

We had always stayed at value resorts but once we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, we never want to stay at a value again. As @Gabe1 pointed out above, you can rent points for the DVC resorts. We got 2 nights in a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge a few years back for the price of 1 night booking directly through Disney for a standard room @ the lodge. We also rented points for Bay Lake Tower last September, 3 nights for $640 total / $213 a night. That's cheaper than the moderates! The only stipulation is once you book it, you can't cancel it without penalty. I understand that though because DVC members have to use their points by a certain time and if you book and then cancel, they risk losing them. Also, if you travel during non-peak times, you can get good rates at the deluxe resorts with discounts. We got a studio at Boardwalk villas last week for $259 for the one night. It was a Saturday so it was a little more than a weeknight would be. I think $259 for a deluxe is very resonable.

Betsyboo

Yeah, that's right, I said it. I am jealous. I totally wish I had the cash for it. My life long dream has been to stay at the Grand Floridian. Maybe one day...in the very distant future. For now, all I can afford is a moderate hotel. I am thinking Port Orleans Riverside.

POR looks to be the nicest looking, in my opinion. It has the charm I am looking for, for sure. Only... It is so darn enormous! I'll have to rent a bike to get to the bus stop. (and I heard the bus system is atrocious) (Confirm/Deny). I would much rather take the monorail.

All you Deluxers... You've got it good. ;)

Disclaimer: This is not really a rant more than a tease. I have a weird sense of humor that burdens me and I hate that I have to explain myself most of the time but in order for people not to think I'm an A**, it is a must. =D Carry on.
I love POR. We stayed there last January. If you are a rope drop, close a park down kind of family the room doesn't matter much anyway. POR is beautiful and I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll admit, if I could swing GF I would too but I'm very happy with our upcoming trip to POFQ.

HollyAD

I agree with you. I have some jealously too for those staying deluxe. However, when I sit and think about Disney, I don't think about high end hotels. I think about the family time and hitting the parks. While it is nice to stay at a deluxe resort. I have had just as much fun at Pop. The only time we stay deluxe is when we rent DVC points and then stay at WL or AKL. We make a point to visit the different deluxe resorts and make a day of sight seeing so we can enjoy them with out paying the price.

Rob562

Where do you go to rent points?

I know a few people who had great experience with David's at www.dvcrequest.com
There's one or two other broker websites around, too. You can get cheaper in a private one-on-one rental directly with an owner, but personally I'd go for the safer route via a broker, even if it's another dollar or two per point.

-Rob

Mukta

I am a deluxe snob as well. I love staying walking distance from Epcot.

When you rent points, you can stay at a deluxe for $220 a night or so. That is a huge savings. (if you have 4 people or less in your group).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom