Jaws.. what's happening?

Captain Chaos

The old Hard Rock site is currently in use... They set up backstage offices there, even though only temporary... Plus, that area may be used for something else...

Millionaire2K

Ok so Disney says Avatar will open in 2015. So anyone still think it will take that long for this project to open.

I stand by my estimate of 2014. Anyone else wanna join the 2014 club?

scoobygirl39541

And I’ve seen people turned off because Disney closed Kitchen Kabaret and body wars. So what. You can't make everyone happy.

Business is business. Universal only has so much land. They can’t continue to add things without removing some of the old. If you pick another attraction to remove instead of Jaws that would just make other people upset.

Heck people get upset when Disney removes a "bathroom".
:brick:

Jaws is gone... Get over it.... sorry!

Ouch. They have a whole Lost Continent that no one will miss, just sayin...

celluloid

I am thinking the bathrooms will remain throughout and only close near one of the last stretches in order to be rethemed to the new area. They really need those bathrooms as the next ones are a bit of a walk towards MIB or towards the other side of Disaster in SanFran. During HHN they will definitely need those restrooms as well for that heavy traffic area.

HenryMystic

They finally moved the shark??? I say vertical construction beginning by May...

Yep. I'm not sure if the concrete bunkers are still there. We will need another aerial update to determine that. If those are gone, we'll definitely be seeing dirt flattened and survey markers springing up soon. Not bad for 3 months of work.

Megavolt

They finally moved the shark??? I say vertical construction beginning by May...

May is very optimistic, IMO. Hopefully,we will see somethign start by late June/early July.

I wonder if that company that did a lot of the fabrication of the buildings for Hogwarts is going to be contracted for this. Might be a good place for someone to ride by occasionally. :drevil:

JT3000

May is very optimistic, IMO. Hopefully,we will see somethign start by late June/early July.

I wonder if that company that did a lot of the fabrication of the buildings for Hogwarts is going to be contracted for this. Might be a good place for someone to ride by occasionally. :drevil:

Nassal? They'll probably be involved.

Captain Chaos

Thanks JT for posting that... I have seen those pictures.. Honestly, I like where they placed the shark... It is right on the water, which makes sense... And it looks like they are working on the area, maybe adding a theme to it, for picture taking purposes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom