Jaws area

wiigirl

Sweet....thanks!
75.gif

AswaySuller

Makes you realise what a massive plot of land it is...

Also makes me realise how often I walked passed ss44 and never really noticed that it was a huge disused building.

cheezbat

can't wait to see vertical construction moving...seeing all this construction is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see what Universal Studios will look like five years from now!

HTF

can't wait to see vertical construction moving...seeing all this construction is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see what Universal Studios will look like five years from now!

Five years from now huh?

1.Fear Factor Live Replaced
2.Shrek Replaced
3.Transformers
4.Monsters Cafe replaced by Nest Facility
5.Larger parade
6.London Waterfront
7.Diagon Alley featuring 2 etickets, major shopping, and new restaurant.
8.Enhacements to Front Gate
9.New Kidszone overlay featuring numerous Dreamworks, Nicktoon, and Universal properties.
10.Replacement for T23D
11.Numerous new character meet and Greets (Doc Brown under construction now)
12.New Dining up charge options
13.A massive amount of small in park upgrades and attraction refurbishments.
14.Numerous new ticket and ticket add on options
15.Consistent late hour closings
16.New haunt facilities for HHN
17.New park to park walking access from IOA between Rockit and Suess
18.Multiple new behind the scenes Cast Member facility upgrades and Utility upgrades throughout.

Sounds crazy doesn't it, well guess what it's not. Most of this will be completed in time for the parks 25th Anniversary and planned opening day of Potter phase 2, June 7 2015. Also keep in mind we have no idea how much more income these new additions will bring to the resort but in order for Universal to not have to pay Uncle Sam millions and millions more in taxes they will have to continue to put capital into expansion projects and or upgrades. Why do you think Transformers is going up so fast? They have to get as much of the expense on this years books to avoid a massive tax penalty for their record profits.

maxairmike

Mt. Crumpit
JP Expansion
-JP Jeep Ride concept
-JP junior wooden coaster on Triceratops plot
Possible new show or taking down of the Toon Lagoon stadium
Lorax or other dark ride to Suess Landing

Those are just what I've taken note of. Those with better/deeper connections might know a bit more.

cheezbat

Five years from now huh?

1.Fear Factor Live Replaced
2.Shrek Replaced
3.Transformers
4.Monsters Cafe replaced by Nest Facility
5.Larger parade
6.London Waterfront
7.Diagon Alley featuring 2 etickets, major shopping, and new restaurant.
8.Enhacements to Front Gate
9.New Kidszone overlay featuring numerous Dreamworks, Nicktoon, and Universal properties.
10.Replacement for T23D
11.Numerous new character meet and Greets (Doc Brown under construction now)
12.New Dining up charge options
13.A massive amount of small in park upgrades and attraction refurbishments.
14.Numerous new ticket and ticket add on options
15.Consistent late hour closings
16.New haunt facilities for HHN
17.New park to park walking access from IOA between Rockit and Suess
18.Multiple new behind the scenes Cast Member facility upgrades and Utility upgrades throughout.

Sounds crazy doesn't it, well guess what it's not. Most of this will be completed in time for the parks 25th Anniversary and planned opening day of Potter phase 2, June 7 2015. Also keep in mind we have no idea how much more income these new additions will bring to the resort but in order for Universal to not have to pay Uncle Sam millions and millions more in taxes they will have to continue to put capital into expansion projects and or upgrades. Why do you think Transformers is going up so fast? They have to get as much of the expense on this years books to avoid a massive tax penalty for their record profits.

Great list! Very excited to see if all of this goes through 100%. I'm curious to see what replaces Shrek, Fear Factor, and Terminator. I'm also very curious to see if they make an effort to make the entrance once inside the gate far more grand. As it currently is, you walk in and first things you see are a few shops and a facade of New York with a coaster going through it. It's also pretty cramped. I'd love to see this reimagined.

HTF

We will hear about Fear Factor when they announce Transformers. As for Shrek and T2, I'm thinking Shrek will be a Summer 2014 addition to the line up and T2 won't be until after Potter 2.0.

twebber55

We will hear about Fear Factor when they announce Transformers. As for Shrek and T2, I'm thinking Shrek will be a Summer 2014 addition to the line up and T2 won't be until after Potter 2.0.
do you have an idea what s going in at Fear Factor? and just cant say or dont know

HTF

Nothing yet, its VERY VERY tight. I will say though that opening part of the London waterfront around the same time as a new show seems like a plan.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom