Jawa Trading

21stamps

Original Poster
What did u end up trading?

We brought the fake gold coins, a hot wheels car, and a bracelet that T made with fake gemstones and elastic band.(he couldn't decide so we just took it all). When we went up to them T decided that he wanted to trade the bracelet..the reaction from the Jawa was so cute. He put it on his wrist and was showing it off.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We brought the fake gold coins, a hot wheels car, and a bracelet that T made with fake gemstones and elastic band.(he couldn't decide so we just took it all). When we went up to them T decided that he wanted to trade the bracelet..the reaction from the Jawa was so cute. He put it on his wrist and was showing it off.

Aww, that's cute! I browsed the dollar store last night and saw that they had a 4 pack of cars, but I wasn't sure if they would like the or not. I found some Nemo figurines, but was hoping to find a Mickey or Minnie.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Aww, that's cute! I browsed the dollar store last night and saw that they had a 4 pack of cars, but I wasn't sure if they would like the or not. I found some Nemo figurines, but was hoping to find a Mickey or Minnie.
Do what we did and just bring a few items in your bag, that way if they don't accept something you have a backup.

Apparently only one of the 2 Jawas trade. Not quite sure why..but the second time in Launch Bay he wasn't out.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Do what we did and just bring a few items in your bag, that way if they don't accept something you have a backup.

Apparently only one of the 2 Jawas trade. Not quite sure why..but the second time in Launch Bay he wasn't out.

Yeah, I was def planning on bringing a few items...don't want them to reject me...lol

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I once saw a women who apparently has a phobia of little people because when approached by a Jawa, she shrieked a bit and jumped away. When the Jawa saw this, it started chasing her around the cantina as she yelped and shrieked. Hysterical.

I once came prepared with a LED keychain light to trade. I claimed it was a mini light saber. When the Jawa saw it, it pulled out an almost identical one. We then had a mock mini-light saber duel. When done, the Jawa gave me a thumbs up... but no trade.

I gotta find the wind up toys that shoot sparks...

Upvote 0

cflwcast

We traded in December a little silver clip that fits on a belt loop. ..he danced around excited and gave us a Droid head...:p

Attachments

• 20161214_101849.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
Upvote 0

mikenatcity1

I didn't know they were doing this! When we went in December it was a special treat :) My friend had a broken zipper pull and was able to trade (he received a plastic droid head). The trick we found- depending on the Jawa, if you talk it up, they may like it.

One touching story- a girl was given a patch flag by her father who recently came back from being deployed. The Jawa realized what this was and couldn't take it. Instead, they hugged the family and saluted the father (and still gave the little girl something). That moment really touched my party :)

Upvote 0

Tom 55

When we were there in September I had not heard about trading, but my wife had. She came prepared with Lego Star Wars people to trade. Ran into a family that did not have anything to trade so she gave them some of her Lego's. While we were there they had a special meet and greet with Kylo Ren if you had a AMEX credit card.

Attachments

• IMG_4452.JPG
    IMG_4452.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4477.JPG
    IMG_4477.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
When we were there in September I had not heard about trading, but my wife had. She came prepared with Lego Star Wars people to trade. Ran into a family that did not have anything to trade so she gave them some of her Lego's. While we were there they had a special meet and greet with Kylo Ren if you had a AMEX credit card.
Your Jawa photo is great!!! It was so crowded when we were there..no queue formed, just people pushing to get in front of you..a family literally told their daughter to go up the same time as my son..it felt so rushed.. I hurriedly snapped a few photos, none of which came out good, most blurry.

Upvote 0

NonnaT

We also traded in December...
We had bought necklaces of teeny tiny Christmas lights and we held them in our hands and proffered them up. They loved it and one put the lights on the other's head, so cute!
They also noticed we were wearing red shirts with Jawa pockets... One of the Jawas pulled the other one aside to show them and kept pointing to our shirts! It was so much fun!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
We also traded in December...
We had bought necklaces of teeny tiny Christmas lights and we held them in our hands and proffered them up. They loved it and one put the lights on the other's head, so cute!
They also noticed we were wearing red shirts with Jawa pockets... One of the Jawas pulled the other one aside to show them and kept pointing to our shirts! It was so much fun!

How cute!!!

Upvote 0

pezgirlroy

I completely forgot my items to trade with the jawas last Thursday. It was empty when we were in the room. I had my 9 month old with me and the two jawas kept joking with me that they would take the baby. It was a great little interaction. I saw one go crazy for a little bell that someone had.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom