January weather

jody31

Original Poster
What is the Orlando climate at the end of January and the beginning of feb, and what time does the sun set?
Thanks !!!

mousebymarriage

In 2008 we went Jan 29th - Feb 5th and the weather was mid to high 70's to around 80 or so most days and at night it was a bit chilly usually in the low 50's or even dipping into the 40's. Only 1 day we had it was in the 60's and cloudy.
My kids went in the pool almost everyday and we even went to Typhoon Lagoon 1 day (it was in the low 80's that day). The best part about that time of year was there was very low humidity and the crowds were very low.
Just remember that January/February can have a variety of temps

pj4963

Weather can vary that time of the year. You need to check the weather from up North to see if a cold front might be moving that way. I would suggest bringing layers even a pair of gloves. My son and I use to go every January when his school has a semester break. We left KC it was cold, got to Florida we had short sleeves. Then the next day the cold front hit Florida. In the shade waiting for rides it was cold and windy. We found some gloves for our hands. The next day it was still cool but nicer by the time we left it was around 80. Layering is the best option.

DisneyDreamer08

We were there in 2008 from Jan 19th-26th. Most days the weather was pleasant, we'd start in jeans and sweatshirts and part way through the day, take the sweatshirt off. I think there was only one day we wore short sleeves all day. Most days, it was jeans and long sleeves. Our first day in the parks was the worst- it was very cool and windy- only about 60 degrees. We didn't prepare well thinking 60 would be great since it was in the 30's back home. I wore jean capris and a long sleeve shirt and was shivering all day! I actually went into the bathroom a few times just to blow the hand dryers on me! :lol:
It only rained twice while we were there that week- both times in the evening. Once while we were at Downtown Disney so we just ran from shop to shop. And once while we were waiting on Main Street for Spectromagic to begin. It started to get chilly then and I was only wearing short sleeves so I bought a long sleeve shirt in one of the stores.

Other than that though, the weather was very pleasant! I would also suggest layers!

DisneyPrincess5

I've been a few times in January and like others have said, it can vary.
There are days when jeans and a sweatshirt are good for the most part, but I've also experienced days where it is fairly warm and jeans and a t shirt are too much.
You just have to pack clothes for different temperatures unfortunately.

disney4life2008

This past January - it did not rain at all. But is was FREEZING. It was literally 30s at night (a few days at a high of 50). So bring pants and sweaters.

disneytati

This past January - it did not rain at all. But is was FREEZING. It was literally 30s at night (a few days at a high of 50). So bring pants and sweaters.

OMG!!!!!!:eek: We are definitely going to freeze up there! Since we are from Rio de Janeiro, and it is always boiling hot down here, we feel the cold weather more intensely... We'll need to buy some coats there, as it is hard to find winter clothes down here. Nobody needs them in the Brazilian heat...

Sassagoula

We went in January/February this year and it was COLD! Mind you, we were coming from a place where it was typically 10-15 degrees and below zero at night, so it wasn't as bad as that, but gloves, hats, and many layers were still necessary. A winter coat might be too bulky but thin thermal layers underneath your regular clothing will trap heat in without weighing you down. (gotta get off and on those rides fast! :p)

disneytati

We went in January/February this year and it was COLD! Mind you, we were coming from a place where it was typically 10-15 degrees and below zero at night, so it wasn't as bad as that, but gloves, hats, and many layers were still necessary. A winter coat might be too bulky but thin thermal layers underneath your regular clothing will trap heat in without weighing you down. (gotta get off and on those rides fast! :p)

Thermal layers??? What would that be? (Sorry for the ignorance... there are no winter clothes down here...)

PattyBell

I am also from Brazil (Brasília) and it is so nice to find brazilian people here...you are my first :ROFLOL:. We will be going on january too. First i´ll be NY, Washington and finally WDW. We´ll arrive at Disney january 23.

O que eles querem dizer é pra vc comprar roupa térmica, vc coloca por baixo da roupa...é uma maravilha.

disneytati

I am also from Brazil (Brasília) and it is so nice to find brazilian people here...you are my first :ROFLOL:. We will be going on january too. First i´ll be NY, Washington and finally WDW. We´ll arrive at Disney january 23.

O que eles querem dizer é pra vc comprar roupa térmica, vc coloca por baixo da roupa...é uma maravilha.

You are my second! :ROFLOL: I am from Rio de Janeiro. It will be my first January trip, and I'm afraid I'll freeze to death!!! hehehe
I'll definitely get some thermal clothes!!!!!!!

Hrudey3032

You are my second! :ROFLOL: I am from Rio de Janeiro. It will be my first January trip, and I'm afraid I'll freeze to death!!! hehehe

30's I am still in shorts as it gets down to - temps here in January in Indiana so when I see people in winter coats at WDW when its 50 I just laugh and love the reactions I get back when they see me in shorts and a T-shirt or long sleeve t-shirt with sleeves pulled up to my elbows.Honestly I would just suggest looking at weather reports on weather.com for 10 days out to get a idea of the weather when you arrive.I also say pack a hoodie as that SHOULD be enough to keep you warm at night and maybe a thin pair of $1.50 gloves

PattyBell

Most of my trips was at january, you´ll see that it´s the best time. Low crouds. The weather is good, less rain. During the day it´s cold, but ok.
During the night...it´s freezing.The problem is the wind.

That is going to be my 7th trip and I am realizing that execpt during the summer the rest of the time is cold. We went on nov/07 - freezing; april/09 (spring break) - freezing.

Funny I seem to remember the end of January last year being warm. Or maybe thats just me because Im from New York Idk. But I remember packing pants for golf, and when getting there having to buy shorts for the time down because it became so warm. But I do remember wearing jeans and a tshirt in the parks. Im going to be going back in the beginning of January and the way weather is everywhere Im going to expect it to be in the mid to high 50's low 60's. Hopefully:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom