January Trip

We were at WDW from 1/21 thru 1/26. Stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. This was a great place to stay and when we return we'll stay there again.

Day 1.
Started the first day at the Animal Kingdom since we've never been there. Did the Safari which was neat. Did the walking tour through Africa, then Dino Whirl, and Dinosour. Finished with the Lion King Show (excellent). What can I say? Its just a zoo with a few rides and shows. Left by 12:30. It just wasn't for us.

Skipped over to Epcot and did Mission Space. The absolute best simulation ride I've ever been on. Made me sick to my stomach but I liked it anyway. Honey I Shrunk the Audience was fun.

Lunch at Mexico was very good.

Did our first ride on the Test Track and after some time to fix a problem we had a great ride. The kids weren't much into doing much else and it was getting late but we did try Ice Station Cool. Returned to the hotel and finished the day with a great dinner at the California Grill.

Day 2
This was Magic Kingdom day. Did most of the rides in Tomorrowland. Worked our way through Fantasyland to the "mountains" and Haunted Mansion.

Finally got my wife to do a thrill ride (Splash Mtn) which she loved. Me and the kids did it 3 times in a row. No crowds.

Jungle Cruise then the kids did Aladin. Finished the day with the Hall of Presidents. My first time sine 1983. We all really liked it.

My 9 year old an I went back for one more Space Mtn. Ride and then the Caroussell (sp?) of Progress. She had a bathroom emergency about halfway through so we bailed out the back doors and brought the ride to a halt. 3 CMs running around to meet us to make sure everything OK.

Finished with dinner at the Crystal Palace. My wife is a Pooh fanatic. Pigelt wlaked up beside my sister-in-law and scared the pants of here. Very funny. Excellent food for a buffet. Very pleased with the meal. Much better value than the CA Grill.

We were about to take the boat back to WL when the 9 year old again has a bathroom emergency . So my wife and her run back to the MK entrance (closed) but get to a bathroom too late. Rather than go into details I'll say she needed a change of clothes. One of the CMs outside asked what size she wore and opened up one of the shops and gave us (free!) a pair of sweat pants. Once change they were directed to an off-duty bus and taken back to WL. My daughter enters the room and with a smile says, "Disney Magic". A real life saver.

Day 3
At MGM. An overall great day. The kids loved the Tower and RnRCoaster. (me too). Millionaire was fun. Did most everything else. Backlot tour was closed.

Dinner at WL at the Whispering Canyons. Lousy service and mediocre food.

Day 4
Universal Studios. Everyone agreed this was our favorite day. I think mainly because we had done WDW before and this was all new. But I did think the Jimmy Neutron "ride" was better than similar ones at Disney. Shrek was a riot and nothing was better than Terminator.

Day 5
Back to MGM and had another great day.

Wrap Up
An excellent trip and we loved every minute of it. I observed that many people bring their kids when they are waaaay to young. IMHO, 5 is the minimum age for the kids to even begin to really enjoy WDW to it's fullest.

We needed more time and a day off in the middle. By Monday we were pretty burnt out. This was a power vacation and we really had to skip some things. We plan to return some time when the kids are in college and take our time and do everything there is.

I think MK is showing it's age or is it just me? Needs some major updating. If we return to Orlando with the kids we'll probably stay at Universal just for a change.

There's still not many things better than going to Disney World.
Bob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom