January- Crowds, Weather....

bjshade23

I'm going down in 20 days and was just wondering how crowded the parks have been? What the weather is like anyone has been done there at this time before?
One more question. I know that they have tighten up on security down there but are you still allowed to take food or bookbags in with you?
:confused: :confused: :veryconfu

tmli

I always go in January, the crowds aren't too bad. Average 30-45 min wait for major attractions. No huge lines for food etc. The weather is unpredictable. Two years ago it was beautiful the entire week, no rain comfy temps. Although not what I would call swimming weather. Last year it was pretty cold most of the week. Definitely jacket weather (although being from Canada it was much better than Jan. at home). This year we'll see. I'll be there Jan10-16.

Upvote 0

NowInc

It all depends on what time in january you go...crowd wise it is a LOT worse at the begining of the month than it is towards the end..

as for the weather....its typical in florida...you really cant predict it...Bet on rain...but dont be too shocked if its sunny the entire time..

Upvote 0

Pan

We went in late January, 2000. We accidentally forgot to leave our heavy coats in the car at the airport here in Minnesota, but thank God we had them. Our second day turned out to be the coldest day in Florida during the previous 2 years. We had the kids riding Dumbo at 7:30 in the am and it was only 35 degrees. The wind chill factor on the Astro Orbitor must have been 0. And yet we had a great time. The parks were empty. It was all awesome. We even had a few 70 deg days at the end of the trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

NowInc

Originally posted by bjshade23
Maybe I should add that my trip is from the 3rd through the 10. Opps forgot that little piece of info. Sorry bout that.
:hammer:

LoL..well..around the time you get there..it will be a tad bit crouded..but towards the end of your visit it will be plesantly vacant...

Weather wise...still too hard to predict...if you are not used to warm weather...you wont notice it...unless it is freakishly cold..but thats why you bring a coat JUST IN CASE..you dont have to wear it ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom