Jambo vs kidani

Tk0021

Original Poster
We decided on Jambo for our first AKL visit as well. Will arrive in 85 days. I can not wait.

Hope you have a good time. Let me know how you like it. We have a little while. We are not going till Labor Day weekend 2017 but want to get everything squared away before our 180 day mark.

s&k'smom

I was on you tube this am and someone posted a video of there walk from Kidani to Jambo definitely seemed like a very doable walk. Now I'm so torn over switching lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm staying in a savannah view studio in Kidani next week. Will let you know what the overall resort is like

Simba's Mom

I'd prefer the extra bathroom, and bed configuration at Kidani for a 2 BR stay next fall, but I'm so concerned about the possible very long walk to the lobby.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'd prefer the extra bathroom, and bed configuration at Kidani for a 2 BR stay next fall, but I'm so concerned about the possible very long walk to the lobby.

You don't even have to go to the lobby much at Kidani if you would have a car. (Don't know if you do or use it). We always do. The parking is under the resort for the guests and you just park nearest your closest elevator to your room. Yes depending where your room is it still can be a walk from the elevator but not always. So that's an option to avoid that for those that have and use a vehicle. :)

Zipadeelady

I wouldn't put too much stock in the second bus stop, its not that big of deal unless its a real busy day. One thing we did notice during Christmas week was they were running dedicated buses. Now I don't know if this was a seasonal thing or the new normal. So, depending on when you go Jambo may have its own bus. If you do decided Jambo, I highly recommend you take the kids over to Kidani's pool. The pool area there is so much better than Jambo's.
We are in the process of renting points and have to put a preference between the two. What makes Kidani's pool better? We will be spending lots of time at the resort this time and want a great pool area

lostpro9het

We are in the process of renting points and have to put a preference between the two. What makes Kidani's pool better? We will be spending lots of time at the resort this time and want a great pool area
Better slide, better kids water play area, and they serve Golden Monkey at the bar...

The pool, overall, is smaller than Jambo's pool but we've never had an issue with it being crowded. Also, if you plan to spend more time at the resort, Kidani has the community hall with games, movies, and arts and crafts.

Zipadeelady

Better slide, better kids water play area, and they serve Golden Monkey at the bar...

The pool, overall, is smaller than Jambo's pool but we've never had an issue with it being crowded. Also, if you plan to spend more time at the resort, Kidani has the community hall with games, movies, and arts and crafts.
I've read about your love affair with Golden Monkey! Is it an IPA. My husband is a IPA junky. Thanks for the info! @sxeensweet says floor 3 and 4 is best. is there a section I should request? We're staying in a studio. Thanks to both for your help.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

I've read about your love affair with Golden Monkey! Is it an IPA. My husband is a IPA junky.
GM is a Belgian Tripel and is so good and worth one try. The Maji pool bar does have a local IPA by Tampa Bay Brewing Company called Old Elephant Foot IPA, 7%abv. I gave it a 3 out of 5 and said it was a clean IPA with just enough hops. To be fair I am not really an IPA guy so that 3 might really translate to a 4-4.5 for someone who likes IPAs:
image.jpeg

@sxeensweet says floor 3 and 4 is best. is there a section I should request? We're staying in a studio. Thanks to both for your help.
Having stayed on all the floors I've got to say so long as you have a Sunset Savanna view the floor doesn't matter, to us anyway. Personally, I would pick Sunset Savanna and close to lobby. Upper floors are nice for some excellent sunrise/sunset pictures.

I'm super excited for you! I hope you all get what you want and have an excellent stay! When are you planning on being there? We'll be there again for Christmas.

Zipadeelady

GM is a Belgian Tripel and is so good and worth one try. The Maji pool bar does have a local IPA by Tampa Bay Brewing Company called Old Elephant Foot IPA, 7%abv. I gave it a 3 out of 5 and said it was a clean IPA with just enough hops. To be fair I am not really an IPA guy so that 3 might really translate to a 4-4.5 for someone who likes IPAs:
View attachment 189223

Having stayed on all the floors I've got to say so long as you have a Sunset Savanna view the floor doesn't matter, to us anyway. Personally, I would pick Sunset Savanna and close to lobby. Upper floors are nice for some excellent sunrise/sunset pictures.

I'm super excited for you! I hope you all get what you want and have an excellent stay! When are you planning on being there? We'll be there again for Christmas.
I'm so excited also! This all came about within the last few days and we just said lets do it!! No kids, 4 nights, trying some signature restaurants for the first time, will probably only go to 1 park (well maybe 2). We just want to relax at the resort. We're going in September. This is our first time renting, our first Deluxe and our first time going to Disney to relax!! Because who ever gets to relax at Disney.:eek: I'll make a pre trip report and definitely ask for your opinion on a few restaurants and mostly great watering holes ;). Husband used to love the darker beers but has slowly switched to IPA's and got all geeky on me talking about Hops and ABV's :rolleyes:.

And....I can't believe you and @imahistorygeek aren't going again until Christmas!! How am I supposed to get my Disney fix if you guys aren't going every other month and posting a report!!!

lostpro9het

Husband used to love the darker beers but has slowly switched to IPA's and got all geeky on me talking about Hops and ABV's :rolleyes:.
I think I made the opposite progression, starting with the IPAs and pale ales and moving to Belgians, Stouts, and porters that are barrel aged or tripel/quad in nature.
And....I can't believe you and @imahistorygeek aren't going again until Christmas!!
Now I never said that! ;)

We're going in September.
So are we!!! :D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Jambo house modified existing rooms where as Kidani was built from scratch making the layouts and the square footage better, but the biggest plus is the extra bathroom.

Floor-Plan-One-Bedroom-Villa-Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-Jambo-House-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

One-Bedroom-Villa-Floor-Plan-Kidani-Village-from-yourfirstvisit.net_1.jpg

^^ This. Stay at Kidani. If you are looking at a one bedroom, having that extra bathroom is a plus with kids. Plus who wants that stacked washer/dryer right outside their bedroom door.

If you were worried about bus transportation, then it's good you didn't select OKW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom