Jambo House or Kidani Village

KwikE

Hello,I am planning a trip in Oct 2015. I was wondering if there is a difference between the Jambo and the kidani? Is one nicer then the other.? Pros and cons of each one.
Thanks for reading.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would take Kidani any day over Jambo for the Villas. The 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom Villas have 1 extra full bathroom in each at Kidani. 1 bedrooms have 2 full baths and 2 bedrooms have 3 full baths. The Studios at each I think the Studio at Kidani is bigger. Plus the decor at Kidani in th rooms is nicer and the Villas are bigger as well. The Master bath is larger and a lot nicer in the 1 and 2 beds also.
Jambo though you can stay on the concierge level if you like and that option is not available at Kidani. Also me and DH prefer the more quiet lobby and little areas to relax at Kidani over Jambo. There is one particular little nook with a small fireplace that is offset and private to sit and is never taken and is available with also a door that brings you on a balcony with rocking chairs attached to it. Love that little area.
The prices for the studios and villas for the same category of rooms at both are pretty much equal, except for the concierge rooms those are a lot more.
If you are renting points from a DVC member the points for the DVC rooms at both are exactly the same. (Again minus concierge which are more points)
You get more bang for your buck in the actual rooms at Kidani.
If you are just looking for a regular hotel room you would have to stay at Jambo. Kidani is all DVC style rooms Studios, and Villas.
Our fave as you can tell is Kidani by far for lots of reasons but some beg to differ due to lack of quick service options , longer walks to rooms etc at Kidani. :)

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

Kidani: I agree with poster above about room perks at Kidani. I also feel that the pool at Kidani is superior, as well as the Kids Play area. The buses to the parks stop at Kidani first. If driving, the parking situation is much better at Kidani.

Jambo: Overall structure theming is a bit better. While pool has smaller slide, it is a larger pool. There is a greater variety of rooms and views available. There are better dining options. I find the lobby to be far superior. While both offer great animal viewing, I think most people would favor Jambo's.

Overall: Kidani favors car drivers, larger families that need more space/amenities, groups with children, groups that plan on doing a decent amount of cooking. Jambo favors non-drivers, couples, groups with older kids, people who plan to eat at the resort a lot from Disney restaurants.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Kidani: I agree with poster above about room perks at Kidani. I also feel that the pool at Kidani is superior, as well as the Kids Play area. The buses to the parks stop at Kidani first. If driving, the parking situation is much better at Kidani.

Jambo: Overall structure theming is a bit better. While pool has smaller slide, it is a larger pool. There is a greater variety of rooms and views available. There are better dining options. I find the lobby to be far superior. While both offer great animal viewing, I think most people would favor Jambo's.

Overall: Kidani favors car drivers, larger families that need more space/amenities, groups with children, groups that plan on doing a decent amount of cooking. Jambo favors non-drivers, couples, groups with older kids, people who plan to eat at the resort a lot from Disney restaurants.
Thanks for mentioning some differences I forgot to! Lol I would agree with all your points as well about both. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Thank you very much for the information. I am a DVC member and I going with my daughter for her first trip.

Thanks
Again.
Your very welcome! In purely my personal opinion if you are using points I would definitely pick Kidani because for the same amount of points especially for the Villas you are getting more for using the same amount of points. But whatever you choose and whatever works for you better I hope you have a wonderful trip with your daughter!!!! :)

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Jambo has more food options specially with having a quick service option of the Mara. Kidani has a couple of limited options @ the Maji Pool Bar. You also have Jiko as a Signature location and Boma is simply amazing.

Jambo also has Zawadi Marketplace which has a lot more offerings than is sidekick in Kidani.

Jambo has concierge, but there are less than a dozen rooms and since they are lockouts there can be less depending on if they were reserved as 2 rooms. We have tried reserving every time and have never been lucky enough to get these rooms even being wait listed.

Jambo's lobby is quite majestic compared to Kidani. This also means it can be considerably louder since there are many more guests funneling through it.

Jambo house rooms vary in size and configuration. The villas were an afterthought and rooms were configured with what space they had.

Kidani is definitely much more quiet than Jambo House.

Kidani has Sanaa which is one of my favorite dining locations in WDW. Specially if you get a window seat and the Crowned Cranes are entertaining you.

The bar in Sanaa is always very quiet if you come back from the parks and want to sit and have a cocktail before bed. We like to occasionally get a drink and head outside to the fire pit and talk to the CM who is telling stories and we have met some very nice people there traveling from all over the world.

Samawati Springs pool in Kidani I feel is superior. They have a kids water play area, hot tub, bar with some quick service food options and a health center to get that workout done.

Kidani's rooms can be a really long walk from the front desk and bus stop. This distance depends on where you room is of course. The Red River Hog Trail (Wing) can be quite a haul. The Giraffe Trail would at least land you closer to the bus stop. If anyone has any issues walking long distance then make sure to request a room close to the lobby. We like to have a view the Pembe Savannah and pool. This gets us somewhat close to the pool and not all to far from the bus stop.

As mention Kidani is the first place the bus stops for the 4 major theme parks. Jambo is the second stop. Now the DTD or Disney Springs bus stops @ Jambo first then Kidani second.

IMHO I think Kidani is better. Jambo has it's perks, but I like the added quiet @ Kidani Village.

No matter which location you stay at, they are both great and full of surprises.

Make sure you walk all the hallways in the resort. They are full of African artwork and the stairwells can offer views of the savannahs that you normally would not see. AK resorts are the best for exploring.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Kidani was built as DVC from the ground up. Jambo was built as hotel rooms, and some floors were converted to DVC units. So as mentioned, Kidani is built to cater more towards DVC owners, so expecting people to eat in rooms, less shopping, etc. So while you need to go to Jambo for most quick service (there are soda fountains in the lobby of Kidani), Kidani doesn't draw the crowds and noise that comes with Boma. Both are great locations, just draw slightly different crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom