I've never been to another resort

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
Since I have never stayed at a bad Disney resort, I can say they are all my favorite....

Many years ago, I was booked at Caribbean Beach when Disney called and offered to move me to Beach Club for $10 more a night. I had never been to CBR and thought the idea of BC was great, so I said "perfect!!" Loved it and immediately wanted to stay there again....

But my next trip was a family thing I put together and my parents loved their vacation to New Orleans, so I booked us in at what was then Dixie Landings (Now Port Orleans Riverside, I think!) Loved that and immediately wanted to stay there again.....

But my next trip was a semi-gift from a friend who booked me at Old Key West using her DVC, and as soon as I walked in the door, I thought I was truly 'home'....and wanted to stay the rest of my life there.....

But then when I went to buy my own DVC, my home base was going to be Wilderness Lodge, so I wanted to stay there....and wow, wow, wow, was that resort fantastic. Just watching the nightime water pagent was enough to sell me, and I wanted to spend the rest of my vacations there....

However, I lost my job and had to give up my dream of DVC for a while. When I found a job and bought DVC, my home base was Saratoga. It was the beginning of construction, and the resort was interesting, and I loved walking the paths around the buildings especially on the walk to Downtown Disney, and I couldn't wait to spend my next vacation there....

But then I dated someone and I thought going back to BC would be really cool to be at - so close to Epcot, the pool, the everything.....well, it is a great resort, but I ended up going alone! So, I thought I would stay anywhere if I dated someone....

Never ended up dating anyone worth taking to Disney, but my friends wanted to stay at Boardwalk so we booked there and loved being there and strolling the Boardwalk early in the morning, and I thought, wow, this resort is really nice and I want to stay here again....

So, the moral of my (long) story is....I just love being at Disney. I love every resort, and can't wait to try my next one.... and for those who love a single resort and love going there, then hurrah! and have a great vacation and love every second. After all, we are at Disney!!!!!

Good for you!! :) when I start going alone, I may get DVC..I wanna stay at the Contemporary..I'LL BE SO CLOSE TO CHEF MICKEY'S! Or CBR...Ooooh...or BC...SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.
Hope you keep having awesome stays at Disney! :D

Zweiland

By looking at the title, some of you are probably going "WHAAAAAAT?!"
It's true, I've never stayed at another resort besides All Star Movies (..and All Star Sports when I first went :confused: )
TAKE A MOMENT TO JUDGE ME.
oh well. Personally, I enjoy staying at ASM, it's.. home. :)
Maybe one year I'll stay at AKL...I WANT TO SEE THE ANIMALS! :D

Any of you stayed at just one resort for quite a long period of time?
Do tell! So I won't be the only one.. :oops:

I've been to WDW three times. I've only stayed onsite once, and that was at the Poly. I really would like to stay at AKL as well...

Sweet Melissa

It's not really that we only stay at one, but we do keep finding ourselves coming back to Port Orleans French Quarter. If there were such a thing outside of DVC terms, I think that at this point it would be safe to call it our "home" resort.

draybook

Our goal is to one day say we have stayed at every resort. But for now, we've done Pop x2 and POFQ once, with the next stay there coming up in September.

WLBound

This September will be our fourth trip staying at the World and as always we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We keep saying we should try someplace else but we never do. It's so bad that when we walk in to see our TA he doesn't even ask which hotel just what our travel dates are. One of these days I'll throw him for a loop (well maybe...we really do love the Lodge).

real mad hatter

Theme..Theme..Theme...I love them all,but have my favourite..Stayed at CBR on our first visit,Loved it..Then two years later POFQ, Loved it..Then two years later PORS..:eek: Paradise found..OMG. The mansions blew me away,and still do after three vacations..Will I ever venture to another resort.? I don't think so..;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Each resort has something different and special to offer. To pick my top two favorites, they are Wilderness Lodge (love the design theme--absolutely gorgeous hotel), and also the Swan (although not a Disney-owned property, the hotel is very nice and the location is excellent--so close via boat to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios). Swan also has very good rates with AAA discounts.

SyracuseDisneyFan

Usually when I've gone, I've stayed off site. However, last October was the first time I've stayed on site. I stayed at The Art of Animation and a very enjoyable experience.

jw24

It's perfectly fine to have a preferred resort. I mean, I've only stayed at All-Star Sports and Pop Century myself so I'm still looking for a home resort that I can go there without financial concerns and just enjoy it the resort as is. (Though POP maybe my home resort right now considering I prefer POP over All Star Sports!) Different strokes for different folks. Some of us want to visit every resort on property or different resorts each trip to just try different experiences and make each trip to WDW different but others prefer one resort and stick to it. Nothing wrong with that! The same thing can be said for all things in real life: Restaurants, cars, modes of transportation, shops, technology, food, etc. We all have our reasons for liking or preferring certain brands over others.

NeedMoreMickey

First 2 trips 1983 & 1986 I think there were only two on-site hotels to pick from so both times we stayed at Poly. Didn't make our next trip until 1999 big family gathering so we all stayed at OKW, same for the next trip 2001. Stayed a few times at Shades of Green but most recently since 2009 we have stayed at BC, the locations is great. Going to try BLT next spring.

tsaintc

This September will be our fourth trip staying at the World and as always we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We keep saying we should try someplace else but we never do. It's so bad that when we walk in to see our TA he doesn't even ask which hotel just what our travel dates are. One of these days I'll throw him for a loop (well maybe...we really do love the Lodge).

I have stayed at many resorts (Contemporary, GF, AKL, CSR, BWV, CBR, DL/POR, POP, AoA and all 3 All-Stars) and visited all of the others. In my humble opinion, nothing compares to Wilderness Lodge/Villas. Cannot quite explain it, but it just feels right.

sgtmgd

Boardwalk is our favorite and where we stay most often but Ive stayed at Poly, Contemp, Yacht CLub, Coronado, POFQ and in Sept the AKL 2 beadroom Villas (Kidani VIllage) gets a shot. I have the Wilderness lodge high on my list of resorts to stay in.

slappy magoo

I wouldn't want to stay at a Value unless it were a suite (or on someone else's dime). Rooms are too small. They're cute, look fun and all that and I don't mock anyone for staying there, but I like my rooms bigger, more amenities on site for when we feel like down time, more dining options...but mostly the room size. Our last trip we arrived a night early and thought about getting a Value for that night, and moving to BLT in the morning. But with 2 small kids, we decided that would be insane, and used a few extra points for a night in a 1BR suite at SSR instead.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Except for our very first stay at what I believe was called the "Disney Villas" way back when my wife and I were first dating, we had a very long stretch of stays at POFQ. That was our main resort for a long time, and probably the one that I would consider "home". Since that initial stretch we've stayed a few others and have enjoyed every stay (except CBR -don't get me started hahaa).
If I made more money my "home" resort of choice would be the Poly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom