I've never been to another resort

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
By looking at the title, some of you are probably going "WHAAAAAAT?!"
It's true, I've never stayed at another resort besides All Star Movies (..and All Star Sports when I first went :confused: )
TAKE A MOMENT TO JUDGE ME.
oh well. Personally, I enjoy staying at ASM, it's.. home. :)
Maybe one year I'll stay at AKL...I WANT TO SEE THE ANIMALS! :D

Any of you stayed at just one resort for quite a long period of time?
Do tell! So I won't be the only one.. :oops:

tnemgif

I stayed at Poly for quite a good run of trips. GF broke the cycle and I haven't been back to Poly in a while.
I'd say it's pretty normal to have a 'home' resort, though. Poly still brings up great memories - as I'm sure ASM does for you!

Mikester71

Have been to WDW 4 times now and have only stayed at Pop Century. It has become "home" to us and we just love staying there. I've often thought about staying somewhere other than a value resort, but to be perfectly honest, the whole family just loves Pop too much and haven't really even given a second thought to staying somewhere else! :)

kasey1988

I have made 4 trips in my life to disney and always had to urge to stay somewhere different, staying at CBR, followed by ASMo and ASMu and most recently POFQ. We fell in love with pofq, the size, the theming, the option to take the boat to DTD and being able to use the amenities at pors. For our upcoming honeymoon I debating continuing to try something new (while remaining at the moderate level-so either riverside or Coronado springs) but I believe we have found "home" and will be remaining at french quarter for upcoming trips, unless we can spring for a deluxe :)

JIMINYCR

First ever trip to WDW, stayed at Poly, then stayed at Contemp, then went to POFQ , fell in love with it and have stayed there ever since. We have friends who rave about AKL and others who stay at the other resorts as well. Everyone has their reasons to stay put or move on to try another. It's usually where you feel the most comfortable, location in relationship to the park, where the cost best suits you and where you stay until you get a better deal. Some day we might, just might chance moving to another resort. But for now it's POFQ.

dave&di

When we go back this Sept we will be staying at our 4th resort, BUT our 3rd resort (WL) was our favourite, we found our 'home'. If money was not a factor we would ALWAYS stay at the WL. If you've found your perfect resort why go elsewhere. Although there could also be the opinion that if you haven't tried any others you don't know what you're missing!

DisneyDebNJ

Most of our trips were at the Poly, and I love it there, but it was definately time for a change. Husband isn't as gung ho as I am about visiting every year, but I took the suggestion from @poohlover and booked at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. For the first time my husband is as excited as I am for this year's trip!! I can always take the boat over to my beloved Poly, but something tells me, Wilderness Lodge will make me feel right at home!!! :)

dave&di

Most of our trips were at the Poly, and I love it there, but it was definately time for a change. Husband isn't as gung ho as I am about visiting every year, but I took the suggestion from @poohlover and booked at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. For the first time my husband is as excited as I am for this year's trip!! I can always take the boat over to my beloved Poly, but something tells me, Wilderness Lodge will make me feel right at home!!! :)
@poohlover knows what she's talking about Deb, the WL is amazing, plus as you say the Poly is close so you can return to get a 'hug' should you miss it!

DisneyDebNJ

@poohlover knows what she's talking about Deb, the WL is amazing, plus as you say the Poly is close so you can return to get a 'hug' should you miss it!
Diane, my hubby is over the moon, I am SHOCKED! LOL I trust our Pooh, and my son and I went to check it out last October, had lunch at Roaring Forks and peaked around. Right then, we decided we were following Pooh's advice, and my family couldn't be happier!! My TA highly recommends WL as well. I do have a dinner booked at Ohana, so I'll get to go say my hellos. Everyone is happy LOL

rob45

Stayed at the CB a few trips, and FW. Since it's just the wife and I traveling to the world now we enjoy the All Star Sports. I enjoy FW but the extra cost for fuel when hauling my rv is double what i normally burn. The All Stars resorts are affordable.

LucyK

I got one trip staying on site under my belt. I stayed at POFQ and I can't see myself staying elsewhere. It's the perfect resort for my family and my needs. Give me a couple more trips and I might be persuaded to try AKL or Contemporary but no more than a couple of days because I'll miss POFQ dearly.

Sparkle81

This will be our third trip to WDW, but first staying onsite. We're staying in a 1 bed villa in SSR, so that we'll be able to put our little boy to bed but will still be able to stay up without worrying we'll disturb him. Ideally, I'd like to try other resorts in the future (my husband has a childhood dream of staying at Contemporary one day), but if it works for us, we may well end up staying there again next time.

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
This will be our third trip to WDW, but first staying onsite. We're staying in a 1 bed villa in SSR, so that we'll be able to put our little boy to bed but will still be able to stay up without worrying we'll disturb him. Ideally, I'd like to try other resorts in the future (my husband has a childhood dream of staying at Contemporary one day), but if it works for us, we may well end up staying there again next time.

Cool!
I just noticed...you've been to almost all of the Disney's :eek:

jesemeca

We stayed at All Star Music for our first on-site stay. Since then it has always been POP. I can't see myself staying anywhere else. I just love the feeling I get when I walk into POP. It doesn't hurt that my best friend works there! LOL!

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
I wouldn't WHAAAAAT. I would say WHAAAAT a wise person.
If you're basically just sleeping and showering there, at least I hope you're showering, I say, that's the way to do it. If it works for you, stick with it until it doesn't.
You can spend the money you save on things that will make your WDW trip even more memorable.
I think the values are the best resort deal on property and recommend them highly.

Yes, we do shower. :p
Maybe next year we can stay at AKL..unless we go to Universal (new HP part opening next summer...BOOYAH), then it'll be back to our home. :D

disney1077

Our first trip we stayed at All Star Music then the following trip we decided to stay at the Beach Club. We have not stayed anywhere else since then. :) Beach Club is our favorite!

Disneykidder

I see nothing wrong with staying where you like. Nothing at all. When we go, we like to stay at different resorts each time, but I have doubled once. Our goal is to stay at a different resort until we have them covered (deluxes now) but after we will definitely stay where we liked the best.

Spikerdink

Since I have never stayed at a bad Disney resort, I can say they are all my favorite....

Many years ago, I was booked at Caribbean Beach when Disney called and offered to move me to Beach Club for $10 more a night. I had never been to CBR and thought the idea of BC was great, so I said "perfect!!" Loved it and immediately wanted to stay there again....

But my next trip was a family thing I put together and my parents loved their vacation to New Orleans, so I booked us in at what was then Dixie Landings (Now Port Orleans Riverside, I think!) Loved that and immediately wanted to stay there again.....

But my next trip was a semi-gift from a friend who booked me at Old Key West using her DVC, and as soon as I walked in the door, I thought I was truly 'home'....and wanted to stay the rest of my life there.....

But then when I went to buy my own DVC, my home base was going to be Wilderness Lodge, so I wanted to stay there....and wow, wow, wow, was that resort fantastic. Just watching the nightime water pagent was enough to sell me, and I wanted to spend the rest of my vacations there....

However, I lost my job and had to give up my dream of DVC for a while. When I found a job and bought DVC, my home base was Saratoga. It was the beginning of construction, and the resort was interesting, and I loved walking the paths around the buildings especially on the walk to Downtown Disney, and I couldn't wait to spend my next vacation there....

But then I dated someone and I thought going back to BC would be really cool to be at - so close to Epcot, the pool, the everything.....well, it is a great resort, but I ended up going alone! So, I thought I would stay anywhere if I dated someone....

Never ended up dating anyone worth taking to Disney, but my friends wanted to stay at Boardwalk so we booked there and loved being there and strolling the Boardwalk early in the morning, and I thought, wow, this resort is really nice and I want to stay here again....

So, the moral of my (long) story is....I just love being at Disney. I love every resort, and can't wait to try my next one.... and for those who love a single resort and love going there, then hurrah! and have a great vacation and love every second. After all, we are at Disney!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom