I've drank the Kool-Aide

lostpro9het

Congrats! If you dont mind me asking, why did you choose SSR? Price per point, points per stay, the resort itself or something else? I think we are about a year or so away from drinking too.

Minthorne

Original Poster
I was looking for the best value for the money spent. The point price to maintenance ratio and contract end day played big factors. I expect I'll usually wait list myself looking to stay elsewhere but knowing I can stay at SSR as a last "resort" so to speak. And for the same money I'll have more points. Yes I don't have a home resort that has high desire (except treehouses) but every time I stay somewhere else it's like a little extra bargain ;)

lostpro9het

Yes I don't have a home resort that has high desire (except treehouses) but every time I stay somewhere else it's like a little extra bargain ;)
Hey, I'm not putting SSR down, we actually prefer it over OKW and BWV. AKL is still our favorite but we try out BLT and BCV in September so our top may change. We too have been considering the SSR resale buy in for the same reasons but think we may fork a little more out for AKL since we tend to go at busy times too.

BigTxEars

I gulped it down earlier this year, then took a swig for more points but had to spit that out as Disney got me on FORF. Took a drink again two week ago for more point, still waiting to see if I get to swallow this one :)

Original points are at SSR as are add on points :)

epcotisbest

I was looking for the best value for the money spent. The point price to maintenance ratio and contract end day played big factors. I expect I'll usually wait list myself looking to stay elsewhere but knowing I can stay at SSR as a last "resort" so to speak. And for the same money I'll have more points. Yes I don't have a home resort that has high desire (except treehouses) but every time I stay somewhere else it's like a little extra bargain ;)
And having SSR as a last resort is still a great choice. We really like it there. Kinda like having to choose between crispy bacon and less crispy bacon. Either way...bacon!

Bparso87

And having SSR as a last resort is still a great choice. We really like it there. Kinda like having to choose between crispy bacon and less crispy bacon. Either way...bacon!
I find owning at Saratoga that sucks I actually have 3 contracts there is that there is no difference from booking at 11 months or 7 months so u really don't get an advantage at all.

Ralphlaw

I recently sold my 160 BLT points to buy 300 BWV points due in large part to the relatively cheap points that are needed to stay in Standard View. The only 1 bedroom villa that's cheaper than Boardwalk Standard View at WDW is Animal Kingdom Value. We thought about AK, but determined that the transportation hassles of staying there were only worth tolerating if we had the Savannah view, which is much more expensive on a per night basis. We also usually end the night at Epcot, so this made sense. Also, it's hard to get the Boardwalk Standard View villas at the 7 month window.

So, cheap points per night plus handy location. Yeah, maintenance will be higher than BLT (by about a $1.25 per point), but the extra $400 per year is worth it to use fewer points for our stay and to have fewer hassles with transportation. And, yeah (again), the whole thing ends in 2042 instead of 2060, but I'll be 77 years old in 2042, and 95 in 2060. That extra 18 years of old man use just doesn't matter to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom