1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Tuvalu, May 15, 2017.

1. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Original Poster Premium Member

He is so funny!

I think we need to see a picture of you two in those hats!

Thanks for your comments, @fractal :geek:

2. LadyBelle

LadyBelle Well-Known Member

I don't think we took pics of us in those hats. That was back in the day when I borrowed my dad's "digital" camera (i.e. pics were saved directly to a disk). That thing took forever to take a pic and I wound up not using it on the trip.

3. Tuvalu

Evening appetizers are served in the lounge from 5-7 pm. We learned last year not to arrive promptly at 5 unless we wanted to stand in line. It was as if Farmer Ma rang the dinner bell at 5 o'clock and all the hungry farmhands raced to the kitchen to get their food....no thanks!

Woody and I went down closer to 5:30 and were surprised to see nobody in the buffet area and only a couple tables occupied. Sweet!

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG
    There it is on the far left.....Ku U Lei.....my favorite libation at the Poly! :hungry:

We sat at a table next to the window overlooking the beach and Seven Seas Lagoon. I kept my focus forward and pretended the bungalows weren't there.
    IMG_6602.JPG

Round two
    IMG_6603.JPG
    Turkey BLT on Hawaiian roll, cucumber roll and meatball in peanut sauce

Everything was so good. And the lounge remained oddly quiet, even as it got closer to 7 pm.
    We couldn't let all those appetizers go to waste now could we?
    Shamefully, Woody and I became "those people" ~ the ones who make a meal from the appetizer offerings. But we only took what we could eat (unlike others who pile it on their plates and leave it uneaten). T'was a delightful dinner! :)

4. Tuvalu

We took a nice stroll around the Poly grounds before settling into lounge chairs at the Oasis pool to enjoy the evening breeze. Pure paradise!

IMG_6604.JPG

When darkness began to fall we walked over to the Lava pool to watch the sunset.

IMG_6606.JPG

Then it was time for dessert.

IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG
    Yum Yum Yum to everything on the plate!!

The lounge remained empty. Perhaps occupancy in Hawaii was down? No complaints from us!
    IMG_6613.JPG

Woody and I sat at the same table by the window and had a perfect view of the Electrical Water Pageant at 8:50 (it starts 10 minutes earlier now) and then Wishes at 9. The music for both is piped into the lounge.

We loved our no-plans laid-back evening. And early to bed meant we'd be well rested for our next full Disney day!

5. dizfan917

dizfan917 Member

What a great way to spend an evening... I have to admit, I've never had such a relaxing, low key evening at WDW. I need to work on that. :0)

6. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

@Tuvalu , I'm late to the Tuvalu Zone party here--but I have a valid excuse: I just got back home last night from 5 days in WDW!! :happy: :D

So I'm now caught up with your newest TR. I don't do TRs--I figure you do enough of them for the entire forum. I don't want to cut in on the action here! ;)

Yes, I did notice the clock, as well as the one over in the Poly. I'm also happy to report here, that I had a glorious clock in my room at the Swan this week, too!! :D (What time is it? It's Mickey time!!) :hilarious:

Speaking of ice cream places, have you tried the raspberry sorbet in the ice cream shop on Main Street USA? It is DIVINE!!! :hungry: :hungry: I also love their mint chocolate chip ice cream too.

7. Tuvalu

Yes you do! You'll learn to appreciate the quieter, more relaxing things your resort has to offer :)

8. Tuvalu

I just KNEW you were at WDW! (I can sense these things :p) Although have to confess my disappointment with your no-trip-report-policy. ;) Perhaps you can share tidbits through your comments in other people's TRs? (Like your clock, for example. And your love of the Plaza's raspberry sorbet...which I have not tried....yet.)

9. Gabe1

Gabe1 Premium Member

I'm following....but first I must go finish your last trip first...be back real soon!
    Hopefully before you leave again....

MinnieM123, Tuvalu and littleroo like this.
  10. MagicMegan

MagicMegan Active Member

All caught up!

MinnieM123, Tuvalu and littleroo like this.
  11. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Loving the report thank you. The concierge offerings look very generous and tasty.:hungry:

12. Tuvalu

You've got time. ;)

Thanks for reading!

Happy to have you in the Zone :joyfull:. We were very pleased with the food in the lounge this trip.

13. slipperalwaysfits

slipperalwaysfits Active Member

So cool the Poly has that happy hour feast! Yum! And when being mindful/budget conscious, there's nothing wrong with making a meal out of appetizers!
    My goal is to take time to watch the street performers in HS this year!

Tuvalu, MinnieM123 and littleroo like this.
  14. Amy Hookway

Amy Hookway Well-Known Member

Just caught up on the last 4 days of posts! Love that you stayed at all star music, thats where we are staying on our next trip (sadly not until next Oct) and I've been scouring the internet looking for pictures so was great to see some on this trip report! Also those club level offerings at the Poly look amazing - I'd definitely be making a dinner out of those appetisers!! Yum!

15. Sillysidewalker

Sillysidewalker Member

Following along. I am impressed by the snack offering at the club level. Maybe I can convince the DH that we would actually save money by staying club level. We wouldn't need ADR's .

Tuvalu, littleroo and bee like this.
  16. Longers

Longers Well-Known Member

@Tuvalu its so hard to keep up with all your reports - maybe you should start one and just keep it going all year - or maybe a quick report of what you do when you're not there would mean it would be easier to follow along. :) Ice cream looks good and now need to check out sorbet as suggested by @MinnieM123

LisaBelle, Tuvalu, MinnieM123 and 2 others like this.
  17. bee

bee Well-Known Member

Noooo, we need details for those of us who can't go month after month! (I'm one to talk, I know.) :p

LisaBelle, Tuvalu, MinnieM123 and 2 others like this.
  18. Longers

Longers Well-Known Member

I think the next TR title - is "the trip that never ends"

LisaBelle, Tuvalu, Zipitidoda and 3 others like this.
  19. docdebbi

docdebbi Well-Known Member

once again, I'm late to the party, but I'm here! can't wait for more!

20. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

It doesn't work. I have one going like that with several trips one after the other, and people don't generally like it. I have to go back and put in a table of contents in the beginning LOL.