Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Jedi Stitch

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

This drives me crazy...I see so many that are designated as service dogs and I wonder the same. I am sure they are designated for "emotional support" which on the whole, I'm not buying.
The few PTSD service animals I know of belong to my fellow Vets at the VFW and American Legion. Those Service animals have PTSD emblazoned on the service animal vest. This is also so regular folk can see the man or woman that is having an episode is Vet that needs support or they may fly off the handle.
Apparently it is a Federal law?, that states you must have the service animal credential on person. It was posted on the web and *MUST* be true.
I agree that I believe there is a large amount of liberty taken on pet owners to take them everywhere.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
The few PTSD service animals I know of belong to my fellow Vets at the VFW and American Legion. Those Service animals have PTSD emblazoned on the service animal vest. This is also so regular folk can see the man or woman that is having an episode is Vet that needs support or they may fly off the handle.
Apparently it is a Federal law?, that states you must have the service animal credential on person. It was posted on the web and *MUST* be true.
I agree that I believe there is a large amount of liberty taken on pet owners to take them everywhere.

Oh I totally believe that there are people who need animal support for PTSD....I meant I'm not buying that these little yippy dogs that these (mostly) women are carrying around are for that.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, you really do have it rough:hilarious: Have a great trip whilst you cheat on Mickey!!
It's the vacation I needed from my Disney vacation! :cool:

Eat turkey, feel perky? :hilarious: (Actually, I think that Bates House of Turkey has that wrong. Isn't there tryptophan in turkey, and doesn't that make you sleepy? o_O )
Sleepy indeed, haha! But "perky" is equated with "healthy" since the menu clearly states: NO FRIED FOOD. EAT TURKEY, BE HEALTHY.

Well, professional vacationer, it would be appropriate if you went to Vero Beach and Hilton Head to give trip reports on those delightful Disney locations. They are pretty cool in their own way.
I have been to Disney's Vero Beach resort.....20 years ago. :cautious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since my next vacation is "just around the river bend" I'd better get cracking on finishing this TR.

(Professional vacationer indeed. :D)

Let's see, where were we?

Oh yes, Woody and I had left the Poly via monorail on our way to breakfast at Captain's Grille. When we got to the MK bus depot, I checked the board for the Yacht/Beach gate number and we walked that direction. A cast member noticed us and called out, "Where are you headed?"

"Yacht Club," I replied.

He motioned for us to come towards him as he spoke into a walkie-talkie. "Wait right here," he said pointing to an open bus gate. Woody and I both assumed he had summoned a bus, perhaps with a driver who adjusted his route.

Then this immediately pulled up ~

IMG_6705.JPG

A 15 passenger van, complete with a car seat (on left).

IMG_6707.JPG

A sweet, tiny senior lady CM was our driver. She had to use a step stool to get in/out of the van and then offered to help us in/out of the van. We politely declined.

IMG_6708.JPG

We were the only passengers in the van and had a private ride directly to the Yacht Club. Mid-way through our trip I laughed, thinking about how I had considered using Uber to get to breakfast.

"You know what this is?" I whispered to Woody.
"What?" He whispered back.
"It's a free Uber! We've got ourselves a Fruber!!!!!! " :hilarious: :in pain: :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_6709.JPG

I just took this picture when the hostess on the right called out our name.

This card was on the table waiting for us. :)
IMG_6710.JPG

There was no need to open the menu, as you'll see in a moment.

We ordered our beverages and our server brought them promptly.
IMG_6712.JPG

Just like at Cali Grill last night, we had the place to ourselves! :jawdrop:

IMG_6711.JPG

Woody and I were starting to feel like celebrities!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Warning ~ The following pictures may make you hungry. Especially if you are reading this before breakfast.

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

Yeah, this buffet is the reason we didn't need to open the menu. :hungry:

IMG_6723.JPG

Unfortunately the buffet is currently on hiatus as Captain's Grille undergoes a major refurbishment. But if you are traveling to the world in 2018, you may want to consider a CG buffet breakfast.

In the meantime, Captain's Grille has been temporarily relocated (with a limited menu) here ~
IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6725.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG

Ariel's is a former table service restaurant located in the Beach Club. It's used for private functions.

Our server was personable and experienced, having worked at Captain's Grille for 10 years. He visited our table frequently to chat and we enjoyed conversing with him.

We left stuffed. I remarked to Woody that I'd eaten like our kitty Kona, who frequently gorges himself with food....only to gag it up later. "I'll throw up in Epcot for you," chuckled Woody.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Walking to Epcot was delightful ~ cool temps and the sun was trying to come out. A steady breeze was blowing as well.

What's missing in this picture?
IMG_6727.JPG

Give yourself points if you said this:
IMG_6226.JPG

I guess everyone is smart enough to know where it is now!

Pretty view on the other side of Crescent Lake.
IMG_6729.JPG

Almost to the International Gateway!
IMG_6730.JPG

I didn't know it at the time, but I would use this entrance into Epcot more than the front during this vacation.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I relished the emptiness of the U.K. and Canada on our stroll to Future World.

IMG_6731.JPG

We could really appreciate the beauty around us.
IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6733.JPG

Tink was overseeing a garden of Fairy Houses.
IMG_6736.JPG

The roller skate was my favorite.
IMG_6735.JPG

Peter Pan ever watching for Captain Hook......whom I never did find. Did anyone see topiary Hook this year?
IMG_6737.JPG

Willie had his own garden too. ;)
IMG_6738.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

Look at all the color in Bambi, Thumper and Flower!
IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG

Had to wear a floral dress to the Festival. :p

dancingtodisney

Wow I love your trip report so far! You have a really good way of writing about your trip with so much personality, makes for a very enjoyable read!

I've just finished reading your last TR as well, it's great that you do trips with your daughter I love that Disney is the perfect family holiday. Myself and my sister are both in our twenties and I love going to Disney with my parents.

So funny that you found that Turkey place.. did you get the t-shirt? Your floral dress is really pretty!
Looking forward to more...

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Almost to the International Gateway!
img_6730-jpg.207562

I didn't know it at the time, but I would use this entrance into Epcot more than the front during this vacation.

One of the perks for me of staying over at the Swan, (as well as the other hotels in that area) is using the International Gateway. It was never crowded, due to the limited access via the Friendship Boats only, or some guests that would walk from their hotels. It's really convenient at any point during park hours. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow I love your trip report so far! You have a really good way of writing about your trip with so much personality, makes for a very enjoyable read!

I've just finished reading your last TR as well, it's great that you do trips with your daughter I love that Disney is the perfect family holiday. Myself and my sister are both in our twenties and I love going to Disney with my parents.

So funny that you found that Turkey place.. did you get the t-shirt? Your floral dress is really pretty!
Looking forward to more...
Appreciate your sweet comments! I have been taking family vacations to Disney since my childhood and agree it is the BEST.
To quote my daughter Em, "I can't believe you went to the turkey place TWICE and DIDN'T buy a t-shirt!!!" :facepalm:

One of the perks for me of staying over at the Swan, (as well as the other hotels in that area) is using the International Gateway. It was never crowded, due to the limited access via the Friendship Boats only, or some guests that would walk from their hotels. It's really convenient at any point during park hours. :)
The irony for me was that I wasn't staying at an Epcot resort this time yet went in (and out) a lot! :p

Yeah, that buffet would've been so much better than my Breakfast Square I just finished.
Sorry :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom