"It's Tough To Be A Bug" closing for lengthy refurbishment in July

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If the ExpEv rumor holds true and goes down in October...and IF Bug Life is still in refurb during that time...I will have NO interest in visiting AK.

What exactly are they doing during this "lengthy" refurb anyway?

Last edited:

disney4life2008

If the ExpEv rumor holds true and goes down in October...and IF Bug Life is still in refurb during that time...I will have NO interest in visiting AK.

LOL I am still going to AK but I do not plan on being there for more than a few hours. I am going on the morning EMHs and in all honesty - I will be able to complete mostly everything in that hour and the first hour or two of park opening. What will keep me going back is FOTK - simply amazing and I enjoy KS but I have been to several zoo's this summer so I am kind of over animals.

TP2000

Hoping that it's going to go Digital and get the other AA's working properly.

They switched the California Adventure version of this show to digital earlier this year, and it looks AMAZING! So crisp and colorful, and you can see details you never saw before.

I'm sure they'll switch the Animal Kingdom version to digital also. What else would this rehab be for?

Rinx

Wonder what actually happened to necessitate this extended refurb and the last-minute nature of the extension.

Apparently (not sure if it's true but definitely wouldn't be surprised if it is) the last few days of it being opened, the Hopper AA was broken...again. It never came out BUT his audio track and everything else was playing. Terrible show if that is indeed what happened. He's obviously a major show prop that needs to be working properly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They switched the California Adventure version of this show to digital earlier this year, and it looks AMAZING! So crisp and colorful, and you can see details you never saw before.

I'm sure they'll switch the Animal Kingdom version to digital also. What else would this rehab be for?
I have a feeling the refurb is more about the outside and surrounding area.

TB4244

I do like ITTBAB but hope they update the movie itself to HD, it was badly in need of an upgrade when when we were there last year. Fingers crossed.

MDactor1980

I actually think its a perfect park with little kids. We spent multiple days 1/2 days and still didn't see everything. My niece went there at 8 months and LOVED all the live shows.
I agree. Though the "big" rides are more geared to adults, I feel like AK is paradise for kids. All of the young kids I know love the zoo, so there is the live animal aspect for starters. Also, thought most of us have no love for DinoLand, I imagine kids would love it. Plus the live shows are really something special, that work on both kid and adult levels. I think a lot of adults would do well to remember that while they consider AK a large wooded path to get to EE, kids probably love the park profusely.

(And I almost forgot to mention the petting zoo. I LOVED petting the goats... and I can only assume kids would too.)

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

I agree. Thought the "big" rides are more geared to adults, I feel like AK is paradise for kids. All of the young kids I know love the zoo, so there is the live animal aspect for starters. Also, thought most of us have no love for DinoLand, I imagine kids would love it. Plus the live shows are really something special, that work on both kid and adult levels. I think a lot of adults would do well to remember that while they consider AK a large wooded path to get to EE, kids probably love the park profusely.

(And I almost forgot to mention the petting zoo. I LOVED petting the goats... and I can only assume kids would too.)
This! I actually think I did more at AK with my kid than I do when I'm with adults!

Dinoland-she still talks about the green dinosaurs she didn't get to ride because of rain!

belledream

Gonna miss this too. It brings back funny memories for us. The first time we went to Disney, he didn't know what to expect from this and then complained about being 'violated' haha.

TP2000

I have a feeling the refurb is more about the outside and surrounding area.

Oh, yeah. The Tree of Life branch issue. But still, this would be a perfect time to upgrade/rehab the theater to HD and such.

DCA's version was closed for two weeks this past spring to switch to HD and rehab the animatronics and such. The effects/animatronics all look great at DCA's version, but the switch to the HD projector made a giant leap forward for the attraction overall.

To our eyes now in the 2010's, I've noticed film no longer looks right. This is most noticeable on Soarin' now. The faster Disney can switch all their film attractions to HD projection, the better. The film shows are not aging well as we get accustomed to seeing things in HD.

Goofnut1980

I like the concept of the attraction. It is great.. but being 15+ years old. Could we get a new movie already? I mean I dont understand why when you have something in place, they can't just reimagine it with a new storyline. We don't need something always gutted and then a complete overhaul. Just put a new movie. Same goes for Philharmagic... We have had how many new movies out since that was made? Just make a new movie. BAM whole new experience. You cant tell me it would cost more than $30-40k to redo a movie...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom