"It's Tough To Be A Bug" closing for lengthy refurbishment in July

Rob562

So the one bug that gets spit on and the Black widows aren't AA's? or are they just figures with minor movements?

I believe the figure (a flea?) that gets spit on is a non-articulated figure attached to a hinge that simply shakes a little in its "up" position while speaking and then falls backwards when he's "shot".

And I'd classify the spiders as moving figures like the animals in Jungle Cruise, not actual AA's. Flik and Hopper are the only true AA's in the attraction.

-Rob

disney4life2008

Well then, that's one less thing for us to do in the half day park.......:bored:

WOW now this is disappointing to me as well. I was going to go there on August 11. AK is already a half day park but when something is closed it really makes it worse. But more time for other things I guess but I was really looking forward to the show. I like the soundtrack and being in the theater. Ah well.

ToTBellHop

WOW now this is disappointing to me as well. I was going to go there on August 11. AK is already a half day park but when something is closed it really makes it worse. But more time for other things I guess but I was really looking forward to the show. I like the soundtrack and being in the theater. Ah well.
DAK is basically a complex of restrooms with trees and a few R.O.U.S.es.

disney4life2008

DAK is basically a complex of restrooms with trees and a few R.O.U.S.es.

Do not get me wrong I love AK but I feel slighted while I am there. While I love KS and EE - I can almost get the same experience at the zoo. Something has always lacked at AK but because its disney I go. If it were off property separate from disney - I doubt I would go. I do enjoy AK at night but even that is impossible due to the earlier closing times. And while Avatarland has been planned - I still feel no excitement towards it.

ToTBellHop

Do not get me wrong I love AK but I feel slighted while I am there. While I love KS and EE - I can almost get the same experience at the zoo. Something has always lacked at AK but because its disney I go. If it were off property separate from disney - I doubt I would go. I do enjoy AK at night but even that is impossible due to the earlier closing times. And while Avatarland has been planned - I still feel no excitement towards it.
I feel more excitement toward what Avatarland will bring with it to DAK (nighttime entertainment and safaris), but that's not really on topic here. Wonder what actually happened to necessitate this extended refurb and the last-minute nature of the extension.

disney4life2008

I feel more excitement toward what Avatarland will bring with it to DAK (nighttime entertainment and safaris), but that's not really on topic here. Wonder what actually happened to necessitate this extended refurb and the last-minute nature of the extension.

In the back of my head - I am thinking its more about keeping it offline so that expenses are kept down. Its easier to extend a refurb last minute than to do a refurb last minute.

Bolt

In the back of my head - I am thinking its more about keeping it offline so that expenses are kept down. Its easier to extend a refurb last minute than to do a refurb last minute.
Not about costs - there is a lot of other impacts in direct vicinity to this attraction that might prohibit it from safely operating or approaching. This isn't an expensive attraction to run.

ABQ

Not about costs - there is a lot of other impacts in direct vicinity to this attraction that might prohibit it from safely operating or approaching. This isn't an expensive attraction to run.
Is the crane still on property working on the tree itself? Certainly that could be reason enough to keep the attraction closed.

Unplugged

A rolling or randomized order of "acts" appearing in the show would give it some fun re-watchability.

I think that's a great idea and so easy to do with digital that it should be the standard attraction method wherever possible, including any future update to the Muppets. My family and I really like the theater and it's theming, so an upgrade to the show would be great for many more years.

Having Princess Atta drop down from the ceiling where Flick is now would be a great addition. I liked your idea of having the actual characters from Bugs Life intermixed in the random scenes and effects. Having the water spray because some rain got into the ant colony, or Hopper flies past you in 3D when they shoot him out of the colony.... so many great little clips and story twists that could be randomized there. Really clever idea!

Don't give them ideas, or we'll be seeing...

Anna and Elsa under the Frozen Tree of Life

Presenting "It's Tough to be A Bug in a Frozen Kingdom". The theater gets really cold and you stare at the dormant bugs for 15 minutes while shivering. Nice! LOL

Raven66

I, for one am super bummed. I love AK and could spend the whole day there and have. My family likes to see if they can make me sit all the way back when the stinger shoots out of the seat. It's a tradition! :D We will miss the new reopening date by 2 days. Booooooooooooooooooooooo

RSoxNo1

I believe the figure (a flea?) that gets spit on is a non-articulated figure attached to a hinge that simply shakes a little in its "up" position while speaking and then falls backwards when he's "shot".

And I'd classify the spiders as moving figures like the animals in Jungle Cruise, not actual AA's. Flik and Hopper are the only true AA's in the attraction.

-Rob
Flik comes from the ceiling and Hopper comes out from the wall. I'm pretty sure they are the only true animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom