it's that time of year again...(need advice)

duchess1576

Original Poster
...when i start second-guessing all my meal choices, a month before my trip! I would appreciate any advice and opinions on a couple changes I'd like to make.

Here are my reservations so far:

Day 1 ~ Dinner at Garden Grill
Day 2 ~ Breakfast at 'Ohana & Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 3 ~ Breakfast at Hotel & Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Day 4 ~ Breakfast at Cape May & Dinner at Hotel
Day 5 ~ Breakfast at Hotel & Dinner at Planet Hollywood
Day 6 ~ Breakfast at Hotel & Dinner at 50's Primetime Cafe
Day 7 ~ Breakfast at Akershus & Dinner at Hotel

The Dining Plan will pay for all of these, except 1, so I was going to pay cash for Planet Hollywood, eat light and use the coupon. But I noticed I had one more counter service point left, and I thought we could use that instead of Planet Hollywood. PH looks cool and everything, but I've already been to the one in Atlantic City before. I'd rather do something different, know what I mean? So, I was browsing around DD counter meals, and found some really great reviews about Wolfgang Puck Express and that it's the best counter service meal you can get. It's practically a table-service meal it's so nice. Is this true? Is changing a good idea?

And the second change I'm thinking about, is a bigger one. Let me know what you think. Cancelling Akershus and 'Ohana and doing Spirit Of Aloha instead, on our last night. If I did this, I would switch 1900 Park Fare to breakfast instead of dinner too. Yeah? Or no? :veryconfu

edited to add: i've never done any of the above restaurants before. i want to do all new restaurants this year. last year i did chef mickey's, cinderella's royal table, crystal palace, sci-fi, breakfastosaurus, and rainforest cafe

DisneyMarg

I'd second the idea of skipping Planet Hollywood.

I've never done Spirit of Aloha, but if I understand correctly, you've never been to Ohana or Akershus? I'd say stick with those as they are classics.
But just my opinion....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you choose to cancel and book others, do the new booking first, then cancel the old. This close to your trip, it may be hard to get the new ones.

As for PH, I'd skip it and definitely try WPExpress. Great food!

I'd suggest keeping the rest as is, you can save the Spirit of Aloha for another trip. I think you've got a great plan as it is.

shoppingnut

I would pick almost any other restaurant over Planet Hollywood, the food isn't that great there. How about Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Boma, Chef de France.

duchess1576

Original Poster
I decided to go with the Planet Hollywood change, and forget about the Aloha change. I think I'll be happy!

Thanks for listening!

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Mr.Pickles would like to inform,(he feels its his duty), that if you book a magic your way package you get a free meal at Planet Hollywood. Its a limited menu but there are decent options.

duchess1576

Original Poster
Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles would like to inform,(he feels its his duty), that if you book a magic your way package you get a free meal at Planet Hollywood. Its a limited menu but there are decent options.

duchess1576 said:
.....so I was going to pay cash for Planet Hollywood, eat light and use the coupon......

I know. But I still think I'll pass.

duchess1576

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
I would pick almost any other restaurant over Planet Hollywood, the food isn't that great there. How about Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Boma, Chef de France.

duchess1576 said:
..... i want to do all new restaurants this year. last year i did chef mickey's, cinderella's royal table, crystal palace, sci-fi, breakfastosaurus, and rainforest cafe

thanks anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom