Trip Report "It's pronounced 'Barthalona.' My 7 night DCL Mediterranean Cruise

This is what my son told me when I informed him our vacation this year would be a Mediterranean cruise that sailed from Barcelona.

Back Story
In July of last year, we found out we would be moving to London. Once we found a place to live, we put down a deposit on the cruise. I have wanted to do a DCL Med Cruise for a while, but I hate long flights. Our move to London made this cruise doable for me. We moved to London in December and in February, we booked our flights to Barcelona. Then five days after we paid off our cruise, my husband found out they restructured his department and his job no longer existed within this new structure. We could not back out of the cruise without losing 100% of the cost. Meanwhile, my husband scrambled for a new role within his company, but ultimately, we had to leave London. We returned to the US in July. We got very little back from British Airways when we cancelled our original flights to Barcelona, but my husband made sure that his employer paid for our flights to Barcelona from Chicago.

We are a family of three.
There is me, Jennifer, my husband, Ian and my son, Duncan.
IMG_0867.JPG

This was a seven night cruise on Magic sailing on August 29.
We stopped at:
Naples
Civitavecchia (Rome)
Livorno (Pisa/Florence)
Villefranche (Nice/Monaco/Cannes)

We flew to Barcelona on August 26th and received a lovely surprise upon check in. As the BA agent took our passports and was tapping on her keyboard, she said with a serious look, "I think I need to change your seats." I was thinking,"What? We selected seats together and I'd really like to travel together." I had to step away from the desk, because Duncan has Asperger's and he started pacing somewhere out of my field of vision. When my husband approached us, he told us we'd all been upgraded from Premium Economy to Business for our flight to London! :)

Up Next--Barcelona or I hope you love ham.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom